Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Overview The collection contains correspondence, journals and other writings, business and legal papers, and miscellaneous items of the Ferris family of Wilmington, Delaware, a prominent Quaker family. Of particular note are the correspondence and writings of Benjamin Ferris concerning the Separation in the Society of Friends, as well as the journals and diaries of Anna M. Ferris, David Ferris, Matilda Ferris, Benjamin Ferris, and Henry Ferris. Correspondents include William Lloyd Garrison, William...
Abstract This collection includes papers of E. Raymond Wilson concerning the 1935 Five Years Meeting, and in particular the development of a statement of the Peace testimony. Also included is information on a peace training camp at Quaker Hill, NY, in 1940.
Abstract This collection includes letters and printed materials relating to Rufus Jones. Included are photocopies of letters commenting on or criticizing The American Friend of which Rufus Jones was editor. Among these are a letter from Henry Stanley Neuman, editor of The Friend, regarding the state of the Society in England, and a letter from Walter Malone relating events at Ohio Yearly Meeting in 1894. Letters from R.L. Kelly, Joseph Moore, David Hadley, and Thomas Newlin discuss The American Friend,...
Abstract This collection contains papers concerning conscientious objection collected by New York Yearly Meeting. Folder 1 contains a small amount of correspondence regarding COs in 1914 from Ulysses DeRosa, a member of New York Yearly Meeting (Orthodox); folders 2 and 3 contain largely correspondence, 1939-1946, concerning work with COs by the subcommittee on Conscientious Objectors of the New York Yearly Meeting Committee on Peace and Social Order, Joint Work-Camp Committee, and the Metropolitan Board...
Abstract This collection contains typed extracts on meeting minutes in which the Quaker stance in war and conscientious objection are discussed. Most materials relate to Quaker activities in the U.S. Civil War.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1780-1917, 1861-1867
Abstract Contains a document listing the Sufferings of Friends belonging to Flushing Monthly Meeting given to the Committee appointed to inspect the Sufferings of Friends, 1782. Also, accounts submitted by individuals and related epistles, 1775 and 1778, from London and Philadelphia Yearly Meetings.
Abstract This collection includes a 1939 article published by Grace A. Thomas in The Friend, entitled "The Quaker Attitude Toward War." Also included are letters from Henry J. Cadbury and E. S. Palmer regarding this article.
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 2
- Biddle, Mary, 1780-1849 1
- Bringhurst, Joseph, 1767-1834 1
- Cadbury, Henry J. (Henry Joel), 1883-1974 1
- DeRosa, Ulysses, 1892- 1
- Ferris family 1
- Ferris, Anna M., 1815-1890 1
- Ferris, Benjamin, 1780-1867 1
- Ferris, David, 1821-1908 1
- Ferris, Fanny, 1778-1833 1
- Ferris, Henry 1
- Ferris, John, 1775-1802 1
- Ferris, Matilda, 1853-1937 1
- Ferris, Ziba, 1743-1794 1
- Five Years Meeting (Society of Friends: U.S.) 1
- Friends University (Wichita, Kan.) 1
- Gibbons, Mary, 1795-1876 1
- Hadley, David, 1842- 1
- Harris, J. Rendel (James Rendel), 1852-1941 1
- Hicks, Elias, 1748-1830 1
- Hopper, Isaac T. (Isaac Tatem), 1771-1852 1
- Jackson, Halliday, 1771-1835 1
- Jackson, John, 1809-1855 1
- Jones, Rufus M. (Rufus Matthew), 1863-1948 1
- Kelly, Robert Lincoln, 1865-1954 1
- Malone, J. Walter 1
- Miller, Richmond P. (Richmond Pearson), 1902-1972 1
- Monthly Meeting of New York (Society of Friends : approximately 1671-1828 : New York, N.Y.) 1
- Moore, Joseph, 1832-1905 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Meeting for Sufferings 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Peace and Service Committee (1955-1966) 1
- Newlin, Thomas, 1855- 1
- Newman, Henry Stanley 1
- Ohio Yearly Meeting of the Friends Church (Evangelical : 1854-1971) 1
- Palmer, E. S. (Emily Smedley), 1875-1954 1
- Peace and Service Committee of the New York Yearly Meetings 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955) 1
- Poole, William, 1764-1829 1
- Rakestraw, Joseph, 1780?-1860 1
- Thomas, Grace A., b. 1892 1
- Western Yearly Meeting of Friends (1877- : Plainfield, Ind.) 1
- Wilson, E. Raymond (Edward Raymond), 1896-1987 1 ∧ less