Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview This collection contains the papers of the Darlington family of Delaware County, Pa., and Woodstown, NJ. Quakers with strong ties to Swarthmore College, the family was involved in education, social and peace concerns, and businesses in the Philadelphia area. Charles J. Darlington (1894-1966) served as Clerk of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends during the reunification of the two Philadelphia Yearly Meetings. The collection includes family correspondence relating to...
Overview Charles F. Jenkins (1864-1951) was a prominent Quaker who was involved with Green Street Monthly Meeting, the American Friends Service Committee, the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (1919-1934), and Friends Intelligencer. He was also a Manager of Swarthmore College for 40 years and President of the Board from 1933 to 1944. Includes correspondence about "Signers' Walk" at Far Country, 1939-46, and general correspondence, 1897-1947, relating to Swarthmore College, Quaker Meetings, William Penn,...
Overview Horace Mather Lippincott (1877-1967) was a Quaker editor and historian. The collection contains his speeches and writings on topics primarily concerning the Society of Friends and the history of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Of particular interest is the scrapbook he compiled in 1946 of papers and photographs of the 1913-1914 Joint Group which met weekly to study the Separation in the Society of Friends, along with other papers on the topic and on the first joint meeting of the two Philadelphia...
Dates: 1752 - 2010
Overview The Quaker Women's Conference on Faith and Spirituality, Midwest Region, was formed in 1999, drawing Friends from South Central Yearly Meeting, Great Plains Yearly Meeting, and Mid America Yearly Meeting. They met biennially until 2011. The records include minutes from planning sessions, printed programs, evaluations, other Conference materials, and some photographs.
Abstract This collection contains the completed questionnaires and related correspondence which were the basis for C. Marshall Taylor's Trends amongst Friends : Study which was made as a result of a questionnaire sent to pastors of Friends churches in U.S.A. The study was made independently by Taylor to survey the reaction of Friends pastors concerning the possibility of unification of all American Friends.
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955) 2
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends Library 2
- Swarthmore College 2
- American Friends Service Committee 1
- Brinton family 1
- Cadbury, Henry J. (Henry Joel), 1883-1974 1
- Darlington family 1
- Darlington, Charles J. (Charles Joseph), 1894-1966 1
- Darlington, Esther 1
- Five Years Meeting (Society of Friends: U.S.) 1
- Gause family 1
- Hayes, John Russell, 1866-1945 1
- Henderson, Archibald, 1877-1963 1
- Hull, William I. (William Isaac), 1868-1939 1
- Jeanes, Anna T. (Anna Thomas), 1822-1907 1
- Jenkins family (Jenkins, Jabez, 1792-1858) 1
- Jenkins, Charles Francis, 1865-1951 1
- Lippincott family 1
- Lippincott, H. Mather, Jr. (Horace Mather), 1921-2010 1
- Lippincott, Horace Mather, 1877-1967 1
- Lippincott, Margaret Walker 1
- Mather family 1
- Pearson, Paul M. (Paul Martin), 1871-1938 1
- Penn, William, 1644-1718 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 1
- Sharpless family 1
- Shortlidge family 1
- Taylor, C. Marshall (Caleb Marshall), 1884-1957 1
- Tiffany, Gladys 1
- Walker family 1
- Woodstown Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 1 ∧ less