Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract Contains a document listing the Sufferings of Friends belonging to Flushing Monthly Meeting given to the Committee appointed to inspect the Sufferings of Friends, 1782. Also, accounts submitted by individuals and related epistles, 1775 and 1778, from London and Philadelphia Yearly Meetings.
Abstract This collection includes Mercy Redman's journal of her visits to eighty-seven meetings in New York, New England, and Pennsylvania. During this time she met and travelled with John Woolman. Also included is a copy of the record kept by Thomas Redman of his imprisonment and trial for refusing to take an oath of loyalty to the United States. A poem written by John E. Redman and various other family documents are also included.
Abstract This collection contains a bound volume of manuscript essays by early English Quaker John Whiting, most written during his imprisonment for failing to pay tithes. These essays include accounts of his confinement, testimonies on tiths, and accounts of Mary Whiting and of William Penn. Also included is typescript of a 1955 article written for the Journal of the Friends Historical Society by Frederick B. Tolles which describes the contents and significance of the volume.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1679-1695; 1679-1695, 1955
- Quakers -- Persecutions 2
- Flushing (New York, N.Y.) -- History 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- New York (State) -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 1
- Oaths -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) 1
- Society of Friends -- England 1
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Society of Friends -- Peace testimony 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 1
- War -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1 ∧ less
- Monthly Meeting of New York (Society of Friends : approximately 1671-1828 : New York, N.Y.) 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Meeting for Sufferings 1
- Penn, William, 1644-1718 1
- Redman family 1