Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Overview The Delphic Literary Society was a Swarthmore College men's literary society established in 1874. In 1913, the group merged with the Eunomian Society to became the Athenaeum. Records include the Delphic Literary Society's constitution, histories of the group, minutes, library and financial records, censor's accounts, miscellaneous papers and scattered issues from 1890 to 1902 of the Delphic Chronicle and Delphic Oracle.
Overview Contains records of Delta Upsilon fraternity (Swarthmore College Chapter). Includes published and a small amount of manuscript materials, 1894-1991.
Overview The Eunomian Literary Society was a men's debating and speaking club founded at Swarthmore College, Pa., in 1871. In 1913, the group merged with the Delphic Literary Society, forming the Athenaeum. Records include minutes from 1871 to May 1913. Also includes printed copies of the constitution and by-laws and correspondence from 1872 to 1900.
Overview This collection consists of primarily published materials, 1891-1933, relating to Kappa Alpha Theta, Alpha Beta Chapter, the first sorority to maintain a chapter at Swarthmore College. The Chapter was established in 1891 and laid down in 1933 when the College abolished sororities. Included are national publications of the fraternity, directories of Swarthmore chapter alumnae; an initiation certificate; and a photograph album.
Overview The Little Theater Club was established at Swarthmore College about 1922 to create a stable foundation for theatrical projects and coordinate productions on campus. No course credit was given for participation. After Swarthmore created a Drama Department in 1968/69, the Little Theater Club became inactive. The collection contains the records of the Little Theater Club of Swarthmore College, 1924-1969, including programs, scripts, clippings, financial records, and related materials. Also...
Dates: 1924-1970; 1946-1969 (bulk)
Overview The collection contains the records of the Swarthmore College Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa from its founding in 1893 until 1942, with gaps in some series.
Overview Contains the records of Phi Kappa Psi, Phi Omicron Psi, and Phi Psi from 1889 to 1967, with gaps in some series. Now a local fraternity at Swarthmore College, Phi Psi began as Pennsylvania Kappa, a chapter of Phi Kappa Psi fraternity. Pennsylvania Kappa was established in 1889 and was a chapter of Phi Kappa Psi until 1963.
Overview This collection contains skits, songs, and related material concerning Swarthmore College.
Dates: 1876 - 2015
Overview Contains the records of the Swarthmore College Student Council from 1943-2012, with gaps in some series. Student Council was created in 1937 as a companion organization to the Women’s Student Government Association (WSGA) and the Men’s Student Government Association (MSGA), charged with governing situations and activities involving both men and women. After 1970, Student Council has been the sole non-judicial student governing body on campus.
Dates: 1943 - 2018
Abstract This collection of correspondence and reminiscences concerns the early history of Swarthmore College including its founding, formative years, and student life.