Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview Samuel Copeland Palmer (1874-1961) was Professor of Botany at Swarthmore College, Pa., from 1909 to 1942 and a lifelong member of the Society of Friends. In 1929, he served as botanist in Bowdoin-Baffin Land expedition under the command of Donald B. MacMillan, and after his retirement from teaching, he worked on a project to illustrate all plant species in Delaware County, Pa. This collection contains biographical material, writings, correspondence, and Swarthmore College memorabilia. It is...
Overview This collection contains records of the Swarthmore College Athletic Association (SCAA), a student organization that held various administrative responsibilities relating to men's athletics. It was founded in 1877 and dissolved ca. 1939. The collection also contains materials concerning the Athletic Advisory Committee, Athletic Committee, and Athletic Advisory Board, organizations that facilitated cooperation on athletic issues between the SCAA and alumni and faculty.
Overview This collection contains meeting minutes, handbooks, and other records of the Women's Athletic Association of Swarthmore College (WAA), a student organization that held various administrative responsibilities relating to women's athletics. It was founded in 1898 as the Girls' Athletic Club of Swarthmore College. The Women's Athletic Association existed in some form into the 1980s at least.
- College Sports -- United States -- History 2
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania 2
- Arboretums -- Swarthmore 1
- Arctic regions -- Discovery and exploration 1
- Baffin Island (Nunavut) 1
- Botany 1
- College sports 1
- Plants -- Pennsylvania -- Delaware County 1
- Quaker horticulturalists 1
- Quaker scientists 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Swarthmore 1
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania -- Swarthmore 1
- Women college athletes 1
- drawings (visual works) 1 ∧ less
- Swarthmore College. Athletic Association 2
- MacMillan, Donald Baxter, -1874 1
- Palmer, Samuel Copeland 1