Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview Photographs of Representative James H. Scheuer, Class of 1942, his family, associates, and constituents. As a Member of Congress, Scheuer met many famous people and many ordinary people and took care to document these meetings. The result is thousands of contact sheets, prints, and negatives recording everything from high level meetings with world leaders to discussions on the street with district residents. This collection complements the papers Sheuer donated at the same time.
Dates: 1920 - 1975
Collection — Box: 1
Overview This small collection consists of Swarthmore College Engineering Department brochures, newsletters, photographs, clippings, and other materials. Of special interest are a selection of letters, primarily notes from alumnni with life updates (including wedding invitations), as well as a letter from US President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Dates: 1928 - 2008
Collection — Box: 1
Overview In 1987, several alumni of Swarthmore College proposed to the Alumni Office the idea of forming a gay and lesbian alumni network. The network produced several issues of a newsletter, Out Together, before apparently becoming dormant. This collection includes copies of the newsletter, letters from alumni (often featuring memoirs of gay life at Swarthmore), and other materials used for the creation and production of the newsletter.
Dates: 1987 - 1989
- Egypt -- Foreign relations -- Israel 1
- Engineering -- Societies, etc. -- History -- Sources 1
- Gay liberation movement 1
- Gay rights -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Gay students -- Pennsylvania 1
- Lesbians -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century -- History -- Sources 1 ∧ less
- Kenschaft, Lori J. 1
- Sager, Richard N. 1
- Scheuer, James H. (James Haas), 1920-2005 1
- Swarthmore College 1
- Swarthmore College. Engineering Department 1