Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview In conjunction with the United States Bicentennial Celebration in Philadelphia in 1976, Swarthmore College banded together with eleven other local colleges and universities to create the Area Universities' Bicentennial Exhibition, a public display titled "Learning, Revolution, and Democracy." This collection includes both internal Swarthmore documents about the college's contributions to the exhibit, as well as correspondence with other members of the University and College Consortium for the...
Overview The collection contains the papers of George A. Hoadley, long-time professor of physics at Swarthmore College and secretary of the Franklin Institute, as well as papers of his extended family. Of particular interest are diaries kept by his second wife's parents, Carrie B. Kilgore and Damon Y. Kilgore, both attorneys and reformers. George Hoadley's correspondence with his children include mention of people and events in the Borough of Swarthmore and Swarthmore College. A founder of the...
Dates: 1850 - 1957
- American Revolution Bicentennial, 1976 1
- Physics 1
- Suffragists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Swarthmore (Pa.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Universities and colleges -- Professional staff 1
- Women -- Suffrage -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Women lawyers -- United States -- History -- Sources 1 ∧ less
- Burnham, Carrie S. (Carrie Sylvester), 1838-1909 1
- Hoadley, George A. (George Arthur), 1848-1936 1
- Kilgore, Damon Y. (Damon Young), 1827-1888 1
- Landis, Ken 1
- United States Constitution Bicentennial Celebration (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1