Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview Contains papers compiled by Arthur Edwin Bye, Quaker genealogist and local historian. Includes genealogical files on the Bye and related families of Bucks County, PA, and Cecil County, MD. His research culminated in the publication in 1956 of the book History of the Bye Family and some allied families.
Overview Contains papers of Quakers of Delaware and southern Chester County (Pa.), particularly members of the Bye, Jenkinson, Passmore, Speakman, and Smith families. The collection includes correspondence, business records, photographs, and memorabilia of E. Mortimer and Pusey Passmore Bye, Thomas Jenkinson, Thomas H. Speakman, and Nathaniel Smith. Also includes accounts of Phebe Thomas who died at the age of 104 in Chester County (Pa.) and had witnessed the Battle of Brandywine as a child.
- Quakers -- Delaware 1
- Quakers -- Maryland -- Cecil County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Bucks County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Chester County 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Bye, Arthur Edwin, 1885- 1
- Bye, E. Mortimer (Enoch Mortimer), 1818-1894 1
- Bye, Pusey P. (Pusey Passmore), 1846-1931 1
- Jenkinson family 1
- Jenkinson, Thomas, 1794-1890 1