Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Bliss Forbush (1896-1987), Quaker educator, administrator, and author, served as the Headmaster of Baltimore Friends School, Chairman of Friends General Conference, and Executive Secretary of Baltimore Monthly Meeting. The collection contains many of his scrapbooks, including “A Forbush Chronicle” is the three volume manuscript 1896-1976, with additions to 1979, of his autobiography. Also in this collection are the manuscripts of Elias Hicks, Quaker Liberal, and A History of Baltimore Yearly...
Dates: circa 1915-1945
Overview Dr. O. Edward Janney was a prominent Quaker doctor from Baltimore who was active in many of the social reform movements of his time. He worked with the Society for the Suppression of Vice in Baltimore and labored in the causes of temperance, woman suffrage, inter-racial relations, peace, and other reforms. In 1907, Dr. Janney gave up the practice of medicine to devote his energies full time to reform activities. The collection contains correspondence (1874-1945), diary (1914), memoirs,...
Overview This small collection contains letters and reports concerning Friends work with Native Americans in Nebraska during the era of Grant's Peace Policy.
Dates: 1793, 1867-1885 and undated; Majority of material found within 1867 - 1888
Overview Bliss Forbush (1896-1987), Quaker educator, administrator, and author, was born in 1896 and died in 1987. Bliss Forbush served as a member of the American Section of the World Council of Churches, 1941-1951, representing Friends General Conference and as a delegate to the first Assembly of the World Council of Churches in 1948. This collection contains primarily minutes, leaflets, and articles printed in Quaker and other periodicals, relating to the World Council of Churches and possible...
- Baltimore (Md.) -- Quakers 1
- Charities -- Maryland -- Baltimore 1
- Children -- Health and hygiene -- History 1
- Indian agents -- United States 1
- Indians of North America -- Government relations -- 1869-1934 1
- Indians of North America -- History 1
- Indians of North America -- Nebraska 1
- Interdenominational cooperation 1
- Quakers -- 20th century -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Maryland 1
- Quakers -- Maryland -- Baltimore 1
- Quakers -- Relations with Indians 1
- Quakers -- Societies, etc. 1
- Santee Indians 1
- Schools -- Maryland -- Baltimore 1
- Sex Instruction for Children -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 1
- Society of Friends -- Indian affairs 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions -- United States 1
- Temperance 1
- Women -- Suffrage 1 ∧ less