Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract This collection includes original manuscripts collected by Hi Doty relating to early Quaker involvement in Indian affairs from 1756 to 1821 and the Friendly Association. Of particular interest are documents concerning the settlement at Oneida and the Treaty of Easton. Correspondents include Tedyuscung, Nathaniel Holland, Frederick Post, John Hunt, William Cooper, Israel Chapin, William Savery, James Pemberton, and Joseph Elkinton. Also included in the collection are several letters written by...
Friendly Association for Regaining and Preserving Peace with the Indians by Pacific Measures records
Abstract Correspondence, including that with civil and military authorities, accounts of preliminary meetings with Indian delegates, and invoices, relating to the Treaty of Easton.
Collection — Container: Folder
Overview Fragments and copies of manuscripts concerning Quaker (probably Philadelphia Yearly Meeting) activities relating to Native American. Some of these may be contemporary manuscript copies of documents in the Friendly Association or the Indian Committee records.
Dates: 1761 - 1839
Abstract This collection includes correspondence received by Dr. George Truman and his nephew Joseph. Included are letters from Samuel Janney regarding publications in the Friends Intelligencer, letters from Anson Lapham regarding the establishment of the Friends Historical Library at Swarthmore College, and letters from Edward Merritt regarding the history of the Friendly Association for Regaining and Preserving Peace with the Indians. Also included is a letter from Benjamin Hallowell regarding Ethan...
- Indians of North America -- Pennsylvania 2
- Indians of North America -- Treaties 2
- Christian sects -- Pennsylvania 1
- Delaware Indians 1
- Delaware Indians -- Government relations 1
- Delaware Indians -- Government relations -- To 1789 1
- Delaware Indians -- Treaties, 1758 1
- Indians of North America -- Government relations 1
- Indians of North America -- Government relations -- to 1789 1
- Indians of North America -- History -- 18th century 1
- Mennonites -- Pennsylvania 1
- Oneida Indians 1
- Pennsylvania -- Politics and government -- To 1775 1
- Quakers -- Relations with Indians 1
- Seneca Indians 1
- Treaties 1
- United States -- History -- Colonial period -- ca. 1600-1775 1 ∧ less