Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
Abstract Includes outline and course materials for five lectures given at Pendle Hill in the winter of 1975, notes on "Ethics and Theology in the Hicksite Separation" and the manuscript of a lecture on "Quakers and the Trinity" given at Swarthmore College in the spring of 1975.
Overview Dorothea Johnson Blom (1911-1991) was a Quaker writer, artist, and teacher. She became a member of the Society of Friends in 1937 at Chappaqua Monthly Meeting, subsequently transferring to Purchase Monthly Meeting. She co-authored nine books and taught courses at Pendle Hill and other schools in art history and art appreciation with an emphasis on the Jungian concept of growth and spiritual needs. The collection contains her letters to her friend Liza B. ("Betty") Lewis, 1961-1975, reflecting...
Overview Sandra Lee Cronk was a Quaker author who co-founded School of the Spirit, a ministry of prayer and learning under the auspices of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting. Her papers include manuscripts of her published works, numerous unpublished manuscripts, and records of some of the workshops that she gave at Pendle Hill.
Overview Bainbridge C. Davis (1910-1993) was a Quaker active in many concerns and organizations. He worked as a Foreign Service Officer, serving in Venezuela, Jamaica, Chile, and Panama. He retired early, at the age of 62, to devote himself to Quaker causes. He worked to improve race relations and opposed U.S. support for dictatorships. Organizations and committees which he was active in include the Friends World Committee for Consultation, American Friends Service Committee, and Pendle Hill. He was a...
Overview Charles Eugene Fager is a Quaker writer, publisher, educator, and activist. Born in 1942, "Chuck" Fager graduated from Colorado State University and attended Harvard Divinity School. After working for the Southern Christian Leadership Conference in Selma, Alabama, he performed Vietnam CO alternative service at Friends World College in 1966. He left FWC the following year, devoting his time to writing and freelance work. In the mid 1980s Fager started Kimo Press, a small publishing operation and...
Overview This collection contains papers related to the publication of the Quaker periodical, Friendly Woman. Friendly Woman is a quarterly journal focusing on Quaker women's concerns and experiences. The periodical contains essays, fiction, poetry, commentary, and art.
Overview Friends Medical Society is an informal association established in 1950 to voice Quaker concerns in the field of medicine, and, more specifically, to act as a medical and advisory resource for the American Friends Service Committee and other national and international medical programs. Its records contain minutes of the annual meetings, correspondence, and some miscellaneous papers.
Overview Emil Fuchs (1874-1971) was the first Lutheran pastor to join the Social Democratic Party in Germany after World War I. He was a pacifist and became a member of the Society of Friends in 1925. Six years later he was appointed a Professor of Religious Science at Kiel, but was dismissed and briefly imprisoned by the Nazis. The religious writings in this collection were prepared mostly in the 1930's and are in mimeographed form. The autobiographical work was revised and published as Mein Leben...
Overview Elizabeth A.W. (Betty) Furnas was an active member of the Society of Friends who served as a member of the Board of Pendle Hill and was a member of the Women's Problems Group of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting and its sucessor, Philadelphia Quaker Women. The collection includes minutes and correspondence, particularly of the latter, as well as published and unpublished writings and other material.
Overview Patricia Loring was a Quaker author, teacher, and retreat leader, most active in her related work in the 1980s and 1990s. She was the author of a widely read Quaker spiritual guide, Listening Spirituality, vols. 1 and 2. For eight years her ministry was supported by Bethesda Friends Meeting, Bethesda, Maryland. This collection includes a variety of Patricia Loring's papers, largely beginning when she joined the Religious Society of Friends. Much of the collection consists of papers from...
Dates: 1982 - 2015
- Quaker authors 5
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 4
- Spiritual life -- Society of Friends 3
- Arts and religion -- Society of Friends 2
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 2
- Quaker women 2
- Reconstruction (1914–1939) -- France 2
- Reconstruction (1914–1939) -- Poland 2
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 2
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Delaware County 2
- Work camps -- Pennsylvania 2
- Abortion -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Adult education -- Pennsylvania -- Delaware County 1
- American Literature 1
- American fiction 1
- American poetry 1
- Bible -- Children's use -- Congresses 1
- Bible -- Study and teaching -- Congresses 1
- Bible -- Theology -- Congresses 1
- Church controversies -- Society of Friends 1
- Conscientious objectors -- United States 1
- Feminist theology 1
- Friendly Letter 1
- Germany -- History -- 1933-1945 1
- Liberation theology 1
- Lutherans -- Germany 1
- Nonviolence 1
- Oral histories 1
- Pacifists -- United States 1
- Peace -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Peace -- Societies, etc. 1
- Quaker artists 1
- Quaker authors -- 20th century 1
- Quaker conscientious objectors 1
- Quaker physicians 1
- Quaker social reformers 1
- Quaker women -- 20th century 1
- Quaker women -- New Jersey 1
- Quakers 1
- Quakers -- 20th century -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Books and reading 1
- Quakers -- Germany 1
- Quakers -- Indiana 1
- Quakers -- Maryland 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- Westchester County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- 20th century 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Delaware County 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Religious community -- Society of Friends 1
- Religious education -- Teacher training 1
- Religious life -- Society of Friends 1
- Society of Friends -- Congresses 1
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania 1
- Society of Friends -- Periodicals 1
- Society of Friends -- Publishing 1
- Society of Friends -- Sermons 1
- Society of Friends -- Testimonies and concerns 1
- Spirit rising: young Quaker voices 1
- Spirituality -- Society of Friends 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Vietnam War, 1961–1975 -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Whispers of faith: Young Friends share their experiences of Quakerism 1 ∧ less