Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
Overview The Arch Street Meeting House in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was designed by Owen Biddle Jr. in 1803 in the Georgian style. It was completed in 1811. This collection contains photographs and negatives from renovations undertaken in 1990-1992 of the roof of the meetinghouse.
Dates: 1990 - 1992
Overview Francis R. Bacon (1878-1965), a birthright Quaker, graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with a degree in Architecture in 1913 and was later Dean of Western Reserve University's School of Architecture. He married Edith Melrose Farquhar in 1915, and in the early 1920's they participated in the AFSC child feeding programs in Germany and Russia. This collection primarily includes correspondence, notes, photographs, and other materials related to Francis R. Bacon's research on 17th century...
Overview The Cooper family were Quakers of New Jersey and Pennsylvania, attending meetings in the Woodbury and Byberry areas. Materials in this collection focus on the children of William E. and Elizabeth Roberts Cooper, their spouses and children. William Evans Cooper (1812-1856) married Elizabeth Matlack Roberts (1815-1902) at Woodbury Monthly Meeting in Gloucester County, N.J., in 1836. They had 8 children: Annie who married Ezra Lippincott, Sarah, Mary Kaighn who married Nathaniel Richardson,...
Dates: 1863 - 1977
Overview This collection consists of Friends' meeting house photographs taken circa 1905 by Watson Wood Dewees. The meeting houses depicted are located in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Southeastern Ohio, Maryland and Delaware.
Overview Friends Historical Association is an organization that promotes research and publication on topics in Quaker history. Membership and editorial offices are located at Swarthmore and Haverford Colleges. Minutes of the organization after 1964 are at Haverford College.
Overview Here are listed, in approximate chronological order, collections of photographs of Quaker meetinghouses, stored at the Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College. The collections were photographed or assembled by various individuals at various times.
Dates: 1800 - 2000
Overview This collection consists of images of various Quaker meetinghouses across the world, collected at various times from various sources, by the Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College.
Dates: 1800 - 2000
Overview This collection of photographs was assembled by the George School Archives and transferred to the Friends Historical Library. It consists primarily of photographs of Philadelphia-area Quaker Meeting Houses taken by Gilbert Cope and A.A. Buzby from the 18070s to 1930s. There are also a few photographs by other photographers, photographs of Meeting Houses beyond Philadelphia, and George School graduating classes. George School is a Quaker school in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
Dates: 1870 - 1936
Overview Wayne B. Hadley (1926-2001) was a family historian whose particular interest was in Quaker history and genealogy. This collection contains family photographs, both in photo albums and loose, and slides of various meeting houses and residences.
Dates: 1926 - 2001
Overview This collection consists of color photographs and slides compiled by R. W.ard Harrington, professor and Quaker involved with New York Yearly Meeting. The photographs are primarily of individuals and groups, and the slides are mainly of meeting houses in New York Yearly Meeting.
Dates: 1971 - 1978
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 5
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 3
- George School (Bucks County, Pa.) 2
- Swarthmore College 2
- Bacon, Francis R. (Francis Rogers), 1888-1965 1
- Bassett family 1
- Bowne family 1
- Bowne, John, 1627-1695 1
- Buzby , A. Austin 1
- Cadbury, Henry J. (Henry Joel), 1883-1974 1
- Chester Preparative Meeting School 1
- Cooper family 1
- Cooper, Sarah, 1774-1848 1
- Cooper, William, 1770-1850 1
- Cope, Gilbert 1
- Dewees, Watson Wood, 1845-1929 1
- Edgar Zavitz Palmer, 1898-1977 1
- Elkinton family 1
- Foulds, Elfrida Vipont 1
- Friends Historical Association 1
- Friends Historical Association. Bulletin of the Friends Historical Association 1
- Friends Historical Association. Quaker History 1
- Friends Historical Commission 1
- Germantown Friends School (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Hadley family 1
- Hadley, Wayne B. (Wayne Bassett), 1926-2001 1
- Harrington, R. W. 1
- Hicks, Elias, 1748-1830 1
- Hunt family 1
- Insurance Company of North America 1
- Media-Providence Friends School (Media, Pa.) 1
- Moger, Roy W. (Roy William), 1906-1990 1
- Monthly Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia for the Western District (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Monthly Meeting of New York (Society of Friends : approximately 1671-1828 : New York, N.Y.) 1
- New York Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Hicksite : 1828-1957 : New York, N.Y.) 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Hicksite: 1828-1955) 1
- Parsons, Samuel, 1774-1841 1
- Replogle, Delbert E., 1896- 1
- Replogle, Ruth Hinshaw, 1896- 1
- Richardson family 1
- Richardson, Elizabeth C., 1863-1947 1
- Richardson, Mary K. (Mary Kaighn), 1841-1912 1
- Ross, Isabel 1
- Snell, Beatrice Saxon 1
- Stabler, Amna C. 1
- Sturge, Grace T. W. (Grace Tower Warren), 1890-1985 1
- Tarasoff, Koozma J. 1
- Tolles, Frederick Barnes, 1915-1975 1
- Twelfth Street Meeting House (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Walker, E. Virginia 1
- Wills, William M. 1 ∧ less