Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Overview Lewis Walton Brosius (1856-1930) was a Hicksite Quaker teacher, businessman and genealogist from Wilmington, Delaware. This collection contains the materials collected by Brosius for his book Genealogy of Henry and Mary Brosius and their descendants with other historical matters connected therewith.
Abstract This collection includes letters between Benjamin Ferris and his wife Hannah, his daughters Deborah and Anna M., and his son David. The letters primarily concern farming and local news. One letter by Benjamin Ferris to his daughter describes in detail his encounter with the dancer Fanny Essler. Also included in the collection are several invitations to Deborah Ferris.
Overview The collection contains correspondence, journals and other writings, business and legal papers, and miscellaneous items of the Ferris family of Wilmington, Delaware, a prominent Quaker family. Of particular note are the correspondence and writings of Benjamin Ferris concerning the Separation in the Society of Friends, as well as the journals and diaries of Anna M. Ferris, David Ferris, Matilda Ferris, Benjamin Ferris, and Henry Ferris. Correspondents include William Lloyd Garrison, William...
Overview Papers of the Fothergill and related families of Yorkshire, England, and Wilmington, Delaware. Manuscripts include eighteenth and ninteenth century letters, essays, and genealogical documents as well as 19th century sketches and watercolors.
Overview Friends Social Lyceum, a Quaker social and study group, was established by 1872 in Wilmington, Delaware. This collection contains the minutes, 1872-1881, in two bound volumes.
Abstract This collection includes the correspondence of Hannah Hurnard and her family, written between Essex, England, and Wilmington, Delaware. The letters document the family's emigration to America, their struggles adapting to life there, and finally their return to England. Letters between Hannah and her sister, Elizabeth Clark, share family and local news. Letters from Mary Thresher relate the activities of Quaker ministers, including Stephen Grellet, Jesse Kersey, and Nathan Hunt. The letters...
Abstract Estate papers of the Rumford family of Delaware, 1705-1809. Includes: will and witness affirmation, Feb. 3, 1730, revised will, Nov. 26, 1738, and inventory, Dec. 5, 1738, of John Rumford; will, March 10, 1784, and witness affirmation , May 2, 1772, of Francis Way, as well as a statement of repeal of Francis Way's will by John Rumford, Oct. 25, 1784; the will of Jonathan Rumford, Jan. 24, 1772; the will of Sarah (Rumford) Shipley, Dec. 2, 1805; the will of Jonathan Rumford, Sept. 1790; Samuel...
Abstract This collection includes letters between David Smyth and his brothers Thomas and John, regarding business and family news. Also included are notes on the Smyth family genealogy and on the Welsh tract.
- Ferris, Anna M., 1815-1890 2
- Ferris, Benjamin, 1780-1867 2
- Ferris, David, 1821-1908 2
- Hicks, Elias, 1748-1830 2
- Biddle, Mary, 1780-1849 1
- Bringhurst, Deborah, 1773-1844 1
- Bringhurst, Joseph, 1767-1834 1
- Brosius family 1
- Brosius, Lewis Walton, 1856-1930 1
- Clark, Elizabeth 1
- Essler, Fanny 1
- Farris family 1
- Fennell, George, b.1787 1
- Ferris family 1
- Ferris, Deborah, 1813-1897 1
- Ferris, Fanny, 1778-1833 1
- Ferris, Hannah, 1793-1860 1
- Ferris, Henry 1
- Ferris, John, 1775-1802 1
- Ferris, Matilda, 1853-1937 1
- Ferris, Ziba, 1743-1794 1
- Fothergill family 1
- Fothergill, Alexander, 1709-1788 1
- Fothergill, Alexander, 1788-1843 1
- Fothergill, Ann, 1830- 1
- Fothergill, Samuel 1
- Fothergill-Quinlan, Winifred Quigley 1
- Friends Social Lyceum (Wilmington, De.) 1
- Gibbons, Mary, 1795-1876 1
- Grellet, Stephen, 1773-1855 1
- Hopper, Isaac T. (Isaac Tatem), 1771-1852 1
- Hunt, Nathan, 1758-1853 1
- Hurnard, Hannah, 1778?-1835 1
- Hurnard, Robert, b.1774 1
- Jackson, Halliday, 1771-1835 1
- Jackson, John, 1809-1855 1
- John Fothergill 1
- Kersey, Jesse, 1768-1845 1
- Mott, Bessie Q. (Eliza Quigley), 1876-1957 1
- Poole, William, 1764-1829 1
- Rakestraw, Joseph, 1780?-1860 1
- Rumford family 1
- Rumford, John, ca. 1674-1738 1
- Rumford, Jonathan, 1705-1782 1
- Sands, David, 1745-1818 1
- Shipley, Sarah, b. 1739 1
- Smith family 1
- Smyth, David, 1783-1866 1
- Smyth, John, 1775-1820 1
- Smyth, Thomas, 1773- 1
- Way, Francis, 1702-1784 1 ∧ less