Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract Correspondence includes letters written by Amos W. Bacon of Philadelphia to his children, to Samuel W. Bacon from his father and brother while he was at Westtown School, and a love letter from Thomas Bacon to his future wife, Elizabeth Hall. Also contains the probate copy of the will of Charles West, Elizabeth Hall's copy book, the journal of Jane Wilson Bacon, and genealogical material on the entire family.
Abstract Minute book of the Baltimore Society for the Protection of Free People of Color, 1827-29. Includes Constitution, Articles (by-laws), and signatures of sixteen members.
Abstract Minutes and financial records of the Friends' Association in Aid of Freedmen.
Overview Friends Circle, a Quaker study and social group, was established in Baltimore, Maryland, in 1884. The group met regularly to discuss topics of mutual interest. The collection contains four volumes of bound minutes, 1884-1896.
Overview The Hollywood Children's Summer Home of Baltimore City was a Quaker association established in 1892 to provide a two-week outing in the countryside for poor children of Baltimore City and vicinity. It was closed in 1917, due to the proliferation of other fresh air charities in Baltimore. The collection includes minutes, financial records, roll book, and annual reports.
Overview Dr. O. Edward Janney was a prominent Quaker doctor from Baltimore who was active in many of the social reform movements of his time. He worked with the Society for the Suppression of Vice in Baltimore and labored in the causes of temperance, woman suffrage, inter-racial relations, peace, and other reforms. In 1907, Dr. Janney gave up the practice of medicine to devote his energies full time to reform activities. The collection contains correspondence (1874-1945), diary (1914), memoirs,...
Overview Moses Sheppard (1775-1857) was a Quaker humanitarian and businessman of Baltimore, Maryland. He was the son of Nathan and Sarah Shoemaker Sheppard, born outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. After their property was confiscated during the Revolutionary War, the family settled in Maryland. Sheppard never married and devoted most of his life to a number of social reforms, including the treatment of the insane and the colonization movement. As a member of Baltimore Monthly Meeting, he was active...
Overview The George Webb and Eleanor Brooks Webb papers include the extensive journals, correspondence, and other papers of Baltimore Quakers Eleanor and George Webb. Eleanor's detailed journals cover most of her life -- from her 12th year until her death in 1997. Also of particular interest are the correspondence, album, photographs, and other records of George work in Civilian Public Service during World War II.
- Needles, John, 1786-1878 2
- American Friends Service Committee 1
- Bacon family 1
- Bacon, Amos W., 1843-1906 1
- Bacon, Edward, 1823-1888 1
- Bacon, Elizabeth, 1794-1844 1
- Bacon, Jane W. (Jane Wilson), 1811-1886 1
- Bacon, Thomas, 1789-1838 1
- Baltimore Society for the Protection of Free People of Color 1
- Baltimore Yearly Meeting 1
- Baltimore Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite: 1828-1968) 1
- Blackburn, Cyrus, -1887 1
- Brosius, Samuel M., 1851-1938 1
- Dungan, Joshua 1
- Ellicott, Thomas, 1779-1859 1
- Forbush, Bliss, 1896-1990 1
- Free masons 1
- Friends Circle (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Friends General Conference (U.S.) 1
- Friends General Conference (U.S.) Advancement Committee 1
- Friends' Association in Aid of Freedmen (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Garrison, William Lloyd, 1805-1879 1
- Gassett, Henry, 1813-1886 1
- Grubb, Edward, 1854-1939 1
- Hall family 1
- Hallowell, Benjamin, 1799-1877 1
- Hollywood Children's Summer Home of Baltimore City 1
- Jackson, John, 1809-1855 1
- Janney, Anne W. (Anne Webb), 1861-1933 1
- Janney, O. Edward (Oliver Edward), 1856-1930 1
- Lamb, Eli M. (Eli Matthews), 1835-1911 1
- Lundy, Benjamin, 1789-1839 1
- Maryland State Colonization Society 1
- McGill, Samuel F. (Samuel Ford) 1
- Pickett, Clarence, 1884-1965 1
- Powell, Aaron M. (Aaron Macy), 1832-1899 1
- Schweiger, Alison Webb (FHL donor) 1
- Shaw, Anna Howard, 1847-1919 1
- Sheppard Asylum 1
- Sheppard and Enoch Pratt Hospital 1
- Sheppard, Moses, 1775-1857 1
- Shoemaker, Nathan, 1788-1868 1
- Stabler, Edward, 1836-1923 1
- Stewart, Joshua H. 1
- Turner, John C. (John Comegys), 1816-1876 1
- Tyson, Elisha, 1750-1824 1
- Walton, George A. (George Arthur), 1883- 1
- Walton, J. Barnard (Joseph Barnard), 1885-1963 1
- Webb, Eleanor Brooks, 1921-1997 1
- Webb, George N. (George Newton), 1920-1996 1
- Westtown Boarding School 1
- Wilson family 1
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 1
- Woolman School (Swarthmore, Pa.) 1
- Zelley (Fenimore Bacon) (FHL donor) 1 ∧ less