Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Abstract Includes Westtown mensuration book, 1835, with newspaper clippings glued in, 1889-1893 & n.d. Also assorted newspaper clippings concerning the Twining, Atkinson, and Smith families, the Carlisle Indian School, Quakers in Bucks County (Pa.), Bucks County history, the Molloy family, and Friends' schools. Obituaries of note in this folder are Isaiah Quinby, 1716-1807; Eleanor Mabel Malloy, 1883-1908; Miranda Doan Baker, d. 1900; Mary B. Stradling, d. 1899; Abram R. Vail, d. 1899; Marcie A....
Dates: 1804, 1835-ca. 1935
Overview The Bucks Auxiliary Bible Association of Friends, a Quaker Bible distribution society, located in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, was established in 2nd month, 1830, under the Bible Association of Friends in America. Its purpose was to supply “Friends and others with the Holy Scripture, “to encourage “the frequent and serious perusal of them”, and to promote “a more accurate knowledge of their invaluable contents”. All subscriptions collected by the Auxiliary were turned over to the parent body,...
Overview Byberry Library Company was founded in 1794 and incorporated in 1799. Located in the Byberry section of Philadelphia, Pa., the Library was generally under Quaker management. The collection includes the minutes of the director's meetings; constitution and by-laws, financial and property records, and miscellaneous papers.
Overview The Byberry School Association was formed in 1837 by several members of the Society of Friends, mostly members of Byberry Monthly Meeting (Hicksite) for the purpose of raising stock to buy land and erect a secondary school in Byberry, Pennsylvania. It includes minutes, financial records, and some miscellaneous papers.
Overview Contains papers compiled by Arthur Edwin Bye, Quaker genealogist and local historian. Includes genealogical files on the Bye and related families of Bucks County, PA, and Cecil County, MD. His research culminated in the publication in 1956 of the book History of the Bye Family and some allied families.
Abstract This collection contains papers of the Leonard, Pyle, Edwards, and Horne families of Chester Co., Pa., including a small amount of correspondence, financial papers, photographs, and miscellaneous papers.
Abstract Includes his correspondence with family members and one letter from William Chandler, 1839-1861. Topics covered are family matters, Quaker meetings, politics, and almanacs.
Overview Sarah (Sallie) Jones was a Bucks County Hicksite Quaker. She was the daughter of Amos and Margery Jones of Makefield Monthly Meeting and was educated at Ercildoun School in Kennett, PA. In 1859, she married William G. Cox of Goshen Monthly Meeting. This collection contains family correspondence and correspondence between Sarah Jones and her schoolmates at Ercildoun Boarding School. It also includes miscellaneous material such as a sermon by George Truman (1863) and teaching certificates for...
Abstract This collection includes family invitations, a letter from Amos S. Jackson, and several letters from Mary Cadwallader Lightfoot to her daughter-in-law Rebecca, regarding family news. Also included is a small book of Hannah Wood's, containing personal notes.
Abstract This collection includes letters written to Mary W. Longshore from the family of her sister, Martha Williams, after the Williams moved from Pennsylvania to Warsaw, Ohio. Included are letters from her sister, brother-in-law, Isaac B. Williams, and nephews, Jonathon and Jeremiah. These letters relate family and local news, and news about the temperance and anti-slavery movements. A letter from Isaac B. Williams, dated 1861, relates his thoughts on the prospect of civil war. A letter from Dr....
Dates: 1840-1965-bulk 1840-1861
- Atkinson family 1
- Atkinson, Stephen, b. 1819 1
- Buckingham Monthly Meeting of Friends 1
- Bucks Auxiliary Bible Association of Friends (Bucks County, Pa.) 1
- Byberry Library Company 1
- Byberry Preparative Meeting (Society of Friends) 1
- Byberry School Association 1
- Bye family 1
- Bye, Arthur Edwin, 1885- 1
- Chandler, William, of Warminster 1
- Edwards family 1
- Ercildoun Boarding School 1
- Fallowfield Monthly Meeting of Friends 1
- Fell, Sarah M. 1
- Foulke, Joseph, 1827- 1
- Griscom, Sarah M., 1839-1895 1
- Horne family 1
- Hull, Hannah Clothier, 1872-1958 1
- Jackson, Amos S. (Amos Smith), 1820-1886 1
- Jackson, Hannah Wood 1
- Jones family 1
- Kersey, Jesse, 1768-1845 1
- Leonard family 1
- Lightfoot, Mary B. (Mary Bonner), 1820-1907 1
- Lightfoot, Rebecca W., 1851?-1934 1
- Longshore family 1
- Longshore, J.S. (Joseph Skelton), 1809-1879 1
- Longshore, Mary W. ((Mary White)), 1792-1860 1
- Malloy family 1
- Moon family 1
- Palmer family 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955) 1
- Pyle family 1
- Pyle, Francis C., 1864-1947 1
- Richardson family 1
- Richardson, Elizabeth C., 1863-1947 1
- Richardson, Elliott, 1842-1887 1
- Richardson, Elliott, 1881-1964 1
- Richardson, Frances, 1886-1973 (FHL donor) 1
- Richardson, Hannah Yarnall, 1797-1876 1
- Richardson, Mordecai, 1784-1808 1
- Richardson, Nathaniel, 1793-1872 1
- Richardson, Nathaniel, 1839-1920 1
- Sarah Jones 1
- Smith family 1
- Smith, Esther, b. 1786 1
- Truman, George 1
- Twining family 1
- United States Indian School (Carlisle, Pa.) 1
- Walton, Jesse Pusey, 1825-1859 1
- Walton, Joseph S. (Joseph Shoemaker), 1792-1876 1
- Walton, Margaretta, 1829-1904 1
- Western Quarterly Meeting (Society of Friends) 1
- Westtown Boarding School 1
- Wharton, Deborah Fisher, 1795-1888 1
- Whittier, John Greenleaf, 1807-1892 1
- Williams family 1
- Williams, Isaac B. (Isaac Burson), 1794- 1
- Williams, Jeremiah, 1825- 1
- Williams, Joseph, b.1827 1
- Williams, Martha, 1788-1856 1
- Yarnall, Hannah, 1765-1822 1
- Yarnall, Mordecai, 1705-1772 1
- Yarnall, Peter, 1754-1798 1
- Yarnall, Rebecca, 1786-1859 1
- Yarnell family 1 ∧ less