Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Overview John M. George (1802-1887) was the son of Joseph and Alice Malin George. He was a birthright Quaker and member of Radnor Monthly Meeting. The George family came to Pennsylvania from Wales in 1708 and settled in Blockley Township, Pennsylvania. The George family papers include correspondence (1705-1864), other personal papers (1681-1887), business and financial accounts (1734-1887), and estate papers (1714-1883). Of particular note are the estate accounts of many family members and other...
Dates: 1705-1959 [bulk 1705-1887]
Overview The Knight family was a Quaker family from Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The collection contains chiefly legal and business papers of Jacob P. Tyson, his wife, Mary B. Michener Tyson, and others. Also contains family correspondence, wills, deeds, estate papers, biographical and genealogical materials, marriage certificates, memorabilia, printed material, and pictures. Includes material relating to the Michener and Warner families.
Abstract This collection includes family invitations, a letter from Amos S. Jackson, and several letters from Mary Cadwallader Lightfoot to her daughter-in-law Rebecca, regarding family news. Also included is a small book of Hannah Wood's, containing personal notes.
Overview Papers of the Livezey and Laughlin families. Thomas Livezey (1723/4-1790) married Martha Knowles in 1748 at Abington Monthly Meeting. He was a miller and expanded the family property along the Wissahicken and Cresheim Creeks. Thomas Livezey's great granddaughter, Anna, married George Laughlin, and her son, Thomas, moved to Ohio. This collection includes correspondence and legal and financial papers of the Livezey and Laughlin families of Philadelphia and Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, and and...
Dates: about 1763-1995
Overview The Maulsby and Albertson families were Pennsylvania Quakers. The collections includes genealogical material, family correspondence (1804-1846),, financial and legal papers. Some of the papers concern Jonathan Maulsby's term as postmaster at Plymouth Meeting House in the 1820's. The Maulsby family were also active in Norristown as merchants of lumber, coal, and iron.
Overview This small collection contains chiefly short manuscripts concerning women's issues, in particular suffrage and temperance. Most of the material, including essays on prominent Quakers and piece books, are by Ellen L. Thomas (1853-1925), a birthright member of Radnor Monthly Meeting and president of Montgomery County Suffrage Association
Dates: ca. 1867-ca. 1919
Abstract Contains primarily financial and estate papers of the Charles Thomas family of Montgomery County, Pa., especially the marriage settlement and estate papers of his mother, Sarah Roberts, widow of John Thomas. Also a brief account of the family estate by his granddaughter, marriage certificates, and deeds.
Overview The Union Lyceum, established 1875, was a literary society whose membership consisted primarily of members of the Society of Friends in the Ambler and Gwynedd area of Montgomery County, Pa. The records contain minutes 1875-1900 (gap 1891-1900) and the 25th Anniversary Program.
Overview William Walker Stephens (1824-1902) was the son of Hannah Walker and Stephen Stephens of Chester Valley, Pennsylvania. The family were members of Valley Preparative and Radnor Monthly Meetings of Friends. William Walker Stephens worked as a businessman in Philadelphia and was married three times. His relation, J. Aubrey Anderson, was district attorney in Conshohocken, Pa. Papers include the diaries and day books of Hannah W. Stephens, 1857-1864, William W. Stephens, 1850-1902, and Annie R....
- Thomas family 2
- Albertson family 1
- American Protective League 1
- Anderson, J. Aubrey 1
- George family 1
- George, Edward, 1743-1846 1
- George, Jesse, 1785-1873 1
- George, Joseph W., 1804-1885 1
- George, Joseph, b.1773 1
- Jackson, Amos S. (Amos Smith), 1820-1886 1
- Jackson, Hannah Wood 1
- John M. (John Malin) George (1802-1887) 1
- Knight family 1
- Lapp, Herb (FHL donor) 1
- Laughlin, Anna Louise, 1844-1932 1
- Laughlin, Jane Livezey, Ms. 1
- Laughlin, Thomas L. (Thomas Livezey) 1
- Lightfoot, Mary B. (Mary Bonner), 1820-1907 1
- Lightfoot, Rebecca W., 1851?-1934 1
- Livezey, Abigail, 1763-1854 1
- Livezey, John, 1753-1826 1
- Livezey, John, 1798-1878 1
- Livezey, Thomas, 1724-1790 1
- Livezey, Thomas, 1800-1884 1
- Malin family 1
- Malin, James, 1774-1859 1
- Malin, John, 1787-1868 1
- Maulsby family 1
- Maulsby-Albertson family 1
- Merion Preparative Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1951) 1
- Michener family 1
- Miller family 1
- Montgomery County Suffrage Association 1
- Plymouth Preparative Meeting (Society of Friends : 1703-1827) 1
- Plymouth Preparative Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1907) 1
- Price family 1
- Radnor Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Hicksite: 1827-1951) 1
- Roberts, Sarah, 1766-1846 1
- Stephens, Annie R., 1839-1915 1
- Stephens, Hannah W., 1797-1881 1
- Stevens family 1
- Thomas, Charles, 1794-1875 1
- Thomas, Ellen L., 1853-1925 1
- Tyson family 1
- Tyson, Jacob P., ca. 1809-1883 1
- Tyson, Mary B. Michener, ca. 1814-1889 1
- Union Lyceum (Montgomery Co., Pa.) 1
- Walker family 1
- Warner family 1
- Whiteland Preparative Meeting (Society of Friends: Hicksite: 1827-1843) 1
- William Walker Stephens (1824-1902) 1 ∧ less