Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Abstract This collection includes miscellaneous poetry, primarily written by Quakers, which was collected by Anna Broomell. Among items of interest is a poem by Charles Francis Jenkins to the Female Association of Philadelphia on the occasion of its centennial anniversary. Also included are poems by and related to the Pettit family.
Overview This collection contains material collected by Anna Pettit Broomell and primarily consists of the writings and correspondence of Broomell, Dorothy Canfield Fisher, and Sarah Cleghorn.
Overview Albert Vann Fowler (1904-1968) and Helen Wose Fowler (1907-1968), married to each other in 1937, were poets, freelance writers, and managing editors of the literary periodical, Approach. They also founded Ahab Press in Rosemont, Pa. Albert V. Fowler was a Quaker. This collection is primarily composed of literary manuscripts and publications. Included are materials on Scylla the Beautiful, Landcastle, Two Trends in Modern Quaker Thought, The Fish God, as well as numerous lesser works. Also...
Overview This collection contains letters and miscellaneous papers of members of the Gove and Meader family, New England Wilburite Quakers.
Overview John Greenleaf Whittier was a New England Quaker poet, journalist, and abolitionist. His poetry, inspired by his religious and moral beliefs, was well regarded during his lifetime, and he was respected by both Orthodox and Hicksite Quakers. The collection contains Whittier correspondence, manuscript poetry, books, photographs and miscellaneous material.
Abstract This collection includes papers of the Passmore family. Of particular interest are letters to Mary Passmore from her siblings George S. Pennock, Margaret and Rachel, relating family and local news. Also included are various invitations and collected poems.
Abstract Collection of original poetry written by and/or about Quakers, their beliefs, and their places of worship. Included are poems by Rebeca Smedley, Elizabeth Biddle Conrow, and Joseph Conrow, a biography in verse of Thomas and Elizabeth Robson by their grandson Joseph J. Green, a meditation on Spruce St. Monthly Meeting by Joseph Wharton, and an account of the 1843 Women's New York Yearly Meeting by Amanda K. Clark. Also included are poems concerning J.J. Gurney, Elias Hicks, and Robert Barclay's...
Abstract Contains poetry collected by New York Yearly Meeting as a topical collection. Folder 1 contains the commonplace book by an anonymous Quaker man which contains both original and copied works [n.d.]; Folder 2 contains the commonplace book of Aaron Baker (1772-1855) containing original and copies, ca. 1799-1855; Folder 3 holds loose manuscript poems; Folder 4 contains typed and printed poems and a detailed list of all the poems in the collection; Folder 5 contains loose poems by Benjamin Burling...
Overview Rosalie Stork Regen (1909-1993) was a Quaker author and playwright who joined the Rahway and Plainfield Monthly Meeting in 1941. She was the daughter of Charles Wharton Stork and Elisabeth von Pausinger Stork. An active member of the Society of Friends, Rosalie taught First Day School and visited Quakers all over the world. The collection includes journals kept continuously from 1936 to the time of her death in 1993. She also maintained a prodigious correspondence with family and friends....
- Broomell, Anna Pettit 2
- Ahab Press 1
- Baker, Aaron, 1772-1830 1
- Barclay, Robert, 1648-1690 1
- Baumgardt, David, 1890-1963 1
- Bean, Joel, 1825-1914 1
- Brooks, Helen Morgan 1
- Burling, Benjamin 1
- Child, Lydia Maria Francis, 1802-1880 1
- Clark, Amanda K., 1822?-1895 1
- Cleghorn, Sarah Norcliffe, 1876-1959 1
- Conrow, Elizabeth Biddle, -1939 1
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo, 1803-1882 1
- Fahnestock, Zephine 1
- Female Association of Philadelphia for the Relief of Women and Children in Reduced Circumstances 1
- Fisher, Dorothy Canfield, 1879-1958 1
- Folwer, Albert Van, -1904 1
- Fowler, Albert Vann, 1904- 1
- Fowler, Albert W. (Albert Wose), -1940 1
- Fowler, Helen W. (Helen Wose), 1907-1968 1
- Garrison, William Lloyd, 1805-1879 1
- Gove family 1
- Gove, Levi, 1802-1885 1
- Green, Joseph J. (Joseph Joshua), 1854-1921 1
- Gurney, Joseph John, 1788-1847 1
- Hicks, Elias, 1748-1830 1
- Howe, Julia Ward, 1819-1910 1
- Jenkins, Charles Francis, 1865-1951 1
- Meader family 1
- Meader, Joseph, 1753-1820 1
- Meader, Joseph, 1788-1864 1
- Meader, Mary, 1817-1901 1
- Meader, Valentine, 1777-1837 1
- Monthly Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia held at Spruce Street (Hicksite : 1833-1903) 1
- Muste, Abraham John, 1885-1967 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Hicksite : 1828-1955). Women's Meeting 1
- Passmore family 1
- Passmore, George S., 1788-1876 (Form subheading: (George Stroud).) 1
- Passmore, Margaret, 1778-1874 1
- Passmore, Mary, 1795-1869 1
- Passmore, Pennock, 1790-1857 1
- Passmore, Rachel, 1785-1831 1
- Petty family 1
- Regen, Rosalie 1
- Robson, Elizabeth, 1771-1843 1
- Robson, Thomas, 1768-1852 1
- Sargent, S. Stansfeld (Stephen Stansfeld), -1906 1
- Scott, Job, 1751-1793 1
- Smedley, Rebekah, 1759-1847 1
- Sneller, Anne 1
- Stork, Charles Wharton, -1881 1
- Stork, Elisabeth von Pausinger 1
- Thomas, Norman, 1884-1968 1
- Ward, Elizabeth Stuart Phelps, 1844-1911 1
- Wharton, Joseph, 1826-1909 1
- Whittier, John Greenleaf, 1807-1892 1
- Yarnall, Elizabeth Biddle, 1897-1975 1 ∧ less