Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract This collection of miscellaneous papers includes Johnson's personal letters to fellow members of Green Street Monthly Meeting, minutes of a reading group, and copies of Quaker manuscripts: 8 ALsS, 1870-1879, to Ann Reeves; minutes of a reading circle, ca. 1870-1874 which include topics and discussions; ms copy of a vision described by Mary Levis at a Women's Yearly Meeting in 1843; ms copy by Harrison Streeter, 1868, of Joseph Hoag's 1803 vision; 2 ALsS, 1884, from Johnson to H. and K.S.; brief...
Abstract The collection contains correspondence received by Virginia Parry concerning Quaker meetings within Baltimore Yearly Meeting. The seven letters from a trustee of Pipe Creek Monthly Meeting discuss preservation of burial grounds and Quaker meeting concerns.
Abstract Richard Price's letters to fellow Hicksite Quaker John Watson provide a rich account of the Hicksite-Orthodox Separation with references and comments on many of the personalities involved: Elias Hicks, William Wharton, Jonathan Evans, as well as visiting Quaker ministers including George Truman, Lucretia Mott, Ann Jones, Mary and Susan Cox, and Martha Smith. Price also wrote a detailed account of the Proceedings of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, 1848. The collection contains a small number of...
Dates: 1826-1867-1826-1848 (bulk)
Abstract The collection contains family correspondence, most received by Ebenezer R. Smith, a Quaker of New York State and Iowa. Of interest is an unsent letter to Orson Squire Fowler, phrenologist and radical author, in which Ebenezer Smith expresses interest in taking Fowler's courses in order to pursue a career as lecturer and phrenologist. Letters from his parents, Barak and Mary Smith, of Springdale, Iowa, and other relations mention farm life and family concerns.
Abstract The collection contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, and other papers compiled by Keith Wedmore concerning the preparation and publication of "Towards a Quaker View of Sex.".
- Monthly Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia (Hicksite) 3
- Chapman, Ann B. (Ann Baldwin), 1788-1854 1
- Chapman, T. Ellwood 1
- Foulke, Elizabeth 1
- Fowler, Orson Squire, 1809-1887 1
- Green Street Monthly Meeting of Friends (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Hamm, Thomas D. 1
- Hanna, Benjamin, 1779-1853 1
- Johnson, Jane, 1803-1884 1
- Monthly Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia 1
- Parry, Virginia D. Wright 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955) 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends Library 1
- Pipe Creek Monthly Meeting (Society of Friends : Union Bridge, Md.) 1
- Price, Richard, 1794-1865 1
- Smith, Ebenezer R., 1829-1885 1
- Tallcot, Joseph, 1768-1853 1
- Watson, John, 1774-1864 1
- Wedmore, Keith, 1932- 1 ∧ less