Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Small collection of family correspondence that includes two letters that concern the Clements and Sharpless families' involvement in abolition activities. Contains a copy and typed transcript of a letter from William Lloyd Garrison Clement (1834-1889) to Gilbert Cope, historian of the Sharpless family, which describes events surrounding the formation of American Anti-Slavery Society and the Clement family's interaction with African-Americans living in the Mount Holly, N.J, area. The typed...
Abstract This collection comprises the letters and papers of Daniel Neall. Included are essays on various academic subjects, poems, and an account of the life of his father, Daniel Neall. Also included are personal letters of Daniel Neall, and papers relating to the 50th Anniversary convention of the American Anti-Slavery Society in 1883. Minutes of this meeting are included, as well as letters relating to its organization, from Edward M. Davis, Mary Grew, and Dillwyn Parrish. Among these are letters...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1834-1977- 1834-1884
- Abolitionists -- Pennsylvania 1
- Abolitionists -- United States 1
- Antislavery movements -- United States 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Anti-slavery Convention 1
- Clement, Mary S. (Mary Sharpless), 1807-1858 1
- Clement, William Lloyd Garrison, 1834-1889 1
- Clements family 1
- Davis, Edward M., 1811-1887 1