Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract This collection comprises the letters and papers of Daniel Neall. Included are essays on various academic subjects, poems, and an account of the life of his father, Daniel Neall. Also included are personal letters of Daniel Neall, and papers relating to the 50th Anniversary convention of the American Anti-Slavery Society in 1883. Minutes of this meeting are included, as well as letters relating to its organization, from Edward M. Davis, Mary Grew, and Dillwyn Parrish. Among these are letters...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1834-1977- 1834-1884
Overview This collection includes the 1688 Germantown Protest and the 1696 Merion Protest. The Germantown Protest was the first organized petition against slavery in the Americas. The Merion protest led to the first instance in which Phildadelphia Yearly Meeting addressed the slave trade.
Dates: 1688 - 1696
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 1
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Antislavery movements 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Society of Friends -- Antislavery movement 1
- American Anti-slavery Society 1
- Anti-slavery Convention 1
- Davis, Edward M., 1811-1887 1
- Graeff, Abraham Isacks op den 1
- Grew, Mary, 1813-1896 1