Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract Delaware County [Pennsylvania] Pledge of Resistance (aka Delco Pledge of Resistance) was organized in the Fall of 1986. It was originally founded as a response to the threat of a U.S. invasion into Nicaragua and U.S. government's policies toward Central America. Delaware County Pledge of Resistance persisted as a local group, working for economic and social justice for oppressed people in the United States and abroad. The group disbanded in winter 2008.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1985-2002
Overview Latin America Working Group was founded in 1983 as Central America Lobby Group, a project of the Coalition for a New Foreign and Military Policy. It became a separate entity in 1988, under the name Central America Working Group, and changed its name in 1995 to Latin America Working Group to reflect its expanded mandate.
Identifier: SCPC-CDG-A-Pledge of Resistance
Abstract This collection includes: reports of national board meetings, 1985-1992; programs and actions, 1984-1993; information about the national convention, 1986-1991; also includes information about the following POR chapters: Bay Area and Los Angeles, California; Colorado; New Haven, Connecticut; District of Columbia, Washington D.C. area; Mid-Atlantic; Chicago, Illinois; Indiana; Louisville, Kentucky; Baltimore, Maryland; Michigan; Minnesota; Missouri; New Jersey; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania;...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1984 - 1993
- Chiapas (Mexico) -- History -- Peasant Uprising, 1994- -- Sources 1
- Civil disobedience -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Sources 1
- Civil disobedience -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Counterrevolutionaries -- Nicaragua -- History -- Sources 1
- Government, Resistance to -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Sources 1
- Government, Resistance to -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Peace movements -- Pennsylvania -- Delaware County -- History -- Sources 1
- Peace movements -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Central America 1 ∧ less
- Central America Lobby Group (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Central America Working Group (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Coalition for a New Foreign and Military Policy (U.S.). Central America Lobby Group 1
- Delaware County Pledge of Resistance (Organization) 1
- Latin America Working Group (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Pledge of Resistance (Organization) 1 ∧ less