Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview Citizens Against Nuclear War was a coalition of 61 national organizations formed in 1982 as an initiative of the National Education Association. It had the goal of educating citizens about efforts to prevent nuclear war. Organizations which belonged to CAN encouraged their individual members to become informed about issues related to nuclear war. Among the members were professional associations, religious communities, women's and minority organizations, and labor unions. Programs included...
Abstract Common Ground was a community of faith founded by Quakers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana in 1982 to break cycles of poverty, racism, and sexism through nonviolence education and action. Collaborative work with Baton Rouge Friends Meeting, local Clergy and Laity Concerned and Dignity chapters led to founding and shared workspace at Bienville House Center for Peace and Justice. Common Ground developed an educational program for abused residents and ex-residents from the city's domestic violence...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1982-2006
Abstract Delaware County [Pennsylvania] Pledge of Resistance (aka Delco Pledge of Resistance) was organized in the Fall of 1986. It was originally founded as a response to the threat of a U.S. invasion into Nicaragua and U.S. government's policies toward Central America. Delaware County Pledge of Resistance persisted as a local group, working for economic and social justice for oppressed people in the United States and abroad. The group disbanded in winter 2008.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1985-2002
- Central America -- Politics and government -- 1979- -- Sources 2
- Latin America -- Politics and government -- 1980- -- Sources 2
- Peace movements -- United States -- History -- Sources 2
- Antinuclear movement -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Chiapas (Mexico) -- History -- Peasant Uprising, 1994- -- Sources 1
- Feminism -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Government, Resistance to -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Sources 1
- Human rights -- Central America -- History -- Sources 1
- Human rights -- Latin America -- History -- Sources 1
- Nonviolence -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Peace movements -- Pennsylvania -- Delaware County -- History -- Sources 1
- Refugees -- Louisiana -- Oakdale -- History -- Sources 1 ∧ less
- Citizens Against Nuclear War (U.S.) 1
- Common Ground (Organization : Baton Rouge, La.) 1
- Delaware County Pledge of Resistance (Organization) 1
- Herndon, Terry 1
- Oakdale Federal Alien Detention Center (Oakdale, La.) 1