Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Agreement between James Logan, on behalf of William Penn, and six Susquehanna and Sheonah related to who can live among the Native Americans, permits for liquor sales, and punishments for those who declare that the English are not their friends.
Friendly Association for Regaining and Preserving Peace with the Indians by Pacific Measures records
Abstract Correspondence, including that with civil and military authorities, accounts of preliminary meetings with Indian delegates, and invoices, relating to the Treaty of Easton.
Collection — Container: Folder
Overview Fragments and copies of manuscripts concerning Quaker (probably Philadelphia Yearly Meeting) activities relating to Native American. Some of these may be contemporary manuscript copies of documents in the Friendly Association or the Indian Committee records.
Dates: 1761 - 1839
Abstract This collection primarily includes photocopies of receipts and contracts between Thomas Penn and various individuals concerning the Walking Purchase.
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 3
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 1
- Indians of North America -- Pennsylvania 3
- Indians of North America -- Treaties 3
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 3
- Christian sects -- Pennsylvania 1
- Delaware Indians 1
- Delaware Indians -- Government relations 1
- Delaware Indians -- Government relations -- To 1789 1
- Delaware Indians -- Treaties, 1758 1
- Indian land transfers 1
- Indians of North America -- Government relations 1
- Indians of North America -- Government relations -- to 1789 1
- Indians of North America -- Pennsylvania -- Treaties 1
- Mennonites -- Pennsylvania 1
- Pennsylvania -- Politics and government -- To 1775 1
- Quakers -- Relations with Indians 1
- Treaties 1
- United States -- History -- Colonial period -- ca. 1600-1775 1 ∧ less
- Friendly Association for Regaining and Preserving Peace with the Indians by Pacific Measures 2
- Doe Run Valley Books (Dealer) 1
- Logan, James, 1674-1751 1
- Penn, Thomas, 1702-1775 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Committee Appointed for the Gradual Civilization and Welfare of the Indian Natives (1795-1827) 1