Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Agreement between James Logan, on behalf of William Penn, and six Susquehanna and Sheonah related to who can live among the Native Americans, permits for liquor sales, and punishments for those who declare that the English are not their friends.
Friendly Association for Regaining and Preserving Peace with the Indians by Pacific Measures records
Abstract Correspondence, including that with civil and military authorities, accounts of preliminary meetings with Indian delegates, and invoices, relating to the Treaty of Easton.
Joint Committee on Indian Affairs of the Four Yearly Meetings of Genesee, Baltimore, New York and Philadelphia
Overview The Indian Committees of New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Genesee (Hicksite) united in 1838 to protect the Seneca Indians from the Ogden Land Company which was trying to buy their land. This collection contains papers relating to the joint committee of representatives, including correspondence chiefly concerning the ceding of Seneca lands in New York by treaty under questionable circumstances. Correspondents include Benjamin Ferris (1780-1867).
Collection — Container: Folder
Overview Fragments and copies of manuscripts concerning Quaker (probably Philadelphia Yearly Meeting) activities relating to Native American. Some of these may be contemporary manuscript copies of documents in the Friendly Association or the Indian Committee records.
Dates: 1761 - 1839
- Subject: Indians of North America -- Treaties X
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 3
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 1
- Friendly Association for Regaining and Preserving Peace with the Indians by Pacific Measures 2
- Baltimore Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1828-1968). Committee on Indian Concerns 1
- Doe Run Valley Books (Dealer) 1
- Ferris, Benjamin, 1780-1867 1
- Genesee Yearly Meeting of Friends 1
- Joint Committee on Indian Affairs of the Four Yearly Meetings of Baltimore, Genesee, New York, and Philadelphia (Society of Friends : Hicksite) 1
- Logan, James, 1674-1751 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Hicksite : 1828-1955). Indian Committee 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955). Indian Committee (1837-1850) 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955). Joint Committee on Indian Affairs (1869-1892) 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Committee Appointed for the Gradual Civilization and Welfare of the Indian Natives (1795-1827) 1 ∧ less