Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Emma Chandler MacClelland was a Quaker who was involved in relief work in France during World War I with the American Friends Service Committee. She was born in West Chester, Pennsylvania, in 1895, and married Lee H. MacClelland after her return from France. She was a member of Reading Monthly Meeting at the time of her death in 1965. The collection contains correspondence of Emma Chandler MacClelland during the period, 1918-1919, in which she did relief work in France. Details her activities...
Overview E. Carlton MacDowell (Edwin Carlton) (1887-1973) was a Quaker zoologist and relief worker. The collection contains correspondence, minutes, reports, memorabilia, pictures and other papers, relating to MacDowell's involvement in Quaker relief activities in France during and after World War I. Includes material relating to American Friends Service Committee's Reconstruction Unit and Message Committee, Berlin Centre Committee, and Friends Council for International Service.
Overview Contains the papers of William Macy and Lois V. Stanton, compiled by Lois V. Stanton. The Stantons were active Quakers, and William Macy Stanton, Jr., was a conscientious objector in WWII. Both Stantons served in the American Friends Service Committee reconstruction efforts in Europe after the war as well as other Quaker activities and organizations. William Stanton worked for Swarthmore College for over twenty-five years, serving as director of physical plant. Of particular interest are the...
Overview Ernest Votaw (1894-1988) was the Quaker administrator of a child feeding program in Germany in 1919-1922. The collection contains reports and related materials (some in German) of the Friends Feeding Mission, 1910-1923, other activities of the American Friends Service Committee, and reference material collected by Ernest Votaw in post-war Germany concerning jail conditions and other social problems. The collection also includes a small amount of correspondence and four articles written by...
- Subject: International relief -- Germany X
- American Friends Service Committee 3
- American Friends Reconstruction Unit 1
- American Friends Service Committee. Message Committee 1
- Berlin Centre Committee 1
- Civilian Public Service 1
- Council for International Service 1
- E. Carlton (Edwin Carlton) MacDowell (1887-1973) 1
- Indiana Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox: 1828- ) 1
- MacClelland, Emma Chandler, 1892-1965 1
- MacDowell, E. Carleton (Edwin Carlton), 1887-1973 1
- Stanton, Lois V. (Lois Virginia), 1922- 1
- Stanton, William Macy, 1919-1995 1
- Swarthmore College 1
- Votaw, Albert H. (Albert Hiatt), 1850-1931 1
- Votaw, Ernest, 1894-1988 1 ∧ less