Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract This collection includes Mercy Redman's journal of her visits to eighty-seven meetings in New York, New England, and Pennsylvania. During this time she met and travelled with John Woolman. Also included is a copy of the record kept by Thomas Redman of his imprisonment and trial for refusing to take an oath of loyalty to the United States. A poem written by John E. Redman and various other family documents are also included.
Overview Phillips P. Moulton (b.1909) edited The Journal and Major Essays of John Woolman which was published by Oxford University Press in 1971. The collection consists of Moulton's card files, correspondence, and other papers related to the editing of John Woolman's Journal.
- Oaths -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey 1
- Society of Friends -- Controversial literature 1
- Society of Friends -- Sufferings 1
- Moulton, Phillips P., 1909- 1
- Redman family 1
- Redman, John E., 1786- 1
- Redman, Mercy, 1722-1778 1
- Redman, Thomas, 1742-1823 1