Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview The Arch Street Meeting House in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was designed by Owen Biddle Jr. in 1803 in the Georgian style. It was completed in 1811. This collection contains photographs and negatives from renovations undertaken in 1990-1992 of the roof of the meetinghouse.
Dates: 1990 - 1992
Insurance Company of North America fire insurance surveys of Quaker buildings in the Philadelphia area
Abstract This collection includes surveys by the Insurance Company of North America of Quaker schools and meetinghouses in the Philadelphia area, including Philadelphia Western District, Germantown Friends School, Swarthmore College, and Chester Preparative School. These surveys include detailed architectural information.
Overview A collection of photographs, drawings, postcards, and news articles on meetinghouses around Philadelphia. Photographs feature both the building and meeting members. Drawings are both printed and originals.
Overview Koozma J. Tarasoff (born 1932) is a scholar of the Doukhobors, a Spiritual Christian religious group of Russian origin with a sizeable community in Canada. This collection consists of black and white photographs taken by Tarasoff on a trip to Philadelphia Yearly Meeting in March 1983. He photographed Quaker Meeting Houses and schools and prominent Quakers including E. Raymond Wilson and Laurama Pixton.
- Subject: Quaker church buildings -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia X
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 3
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 1
- Quakers -- Portraits 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 2
- Chester Preparative Meeting School 1
- Elkinton family 1
- Germantown Friends School (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Insurance Company of North America 1