Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract Collection of manuscript drafts of epistles prepared by Baltimore Yearly Meeting to send to the Yearly Meetings of Philadelphia, New York, Rhode Island, and North Carolina. Most concern the education and treatment of Indians, African Americans, and Quaker children; also, opposition to war and the production of liquor by Friends. All are handwritten with corrections.
Overview Patricia Loring was a Quaker author, teacher, and retreat leader, most active in her related work in the 1980s and 1990s. She was the author of a widely read Quaker spiritual guide, Listening Spirituality, vols. 1 and 2. For eight years her ministry was supported by Bethesda Friends Meeting, Bethesda, Maryland. This collection includes a variety of Patricia Loring's papers, largely beginning when she joined the Religious Society of Friends. Much of the collection consists of papers from...
Dates: 1982 - 2015
Overview The George Webb and Eleanor Brooks Webb papers include the extensive journals, correspondence, and other papers of Baltimore Quakers Eleanor and George Webb. Eleanor's detailed journals cover most of her life -- from her 12th year until her death in 1997. Also of particular interest are the correspondence, album, photographs, and other records of George work in Civilian Public Service during World War II.
- Quakers -- Maryland 2
- African Americans -- Education 1
- Epistles 1
- Indians of North America -- Education 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Quaker authors -- 20th century 1
- Quakers -- 20th century -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Correspondence 1
- Quakers -- Maryland -- Baltimore 1
- Quakers -- United States 1
- Society of Friends -- Indian affairs 1
- Society of Friends -- United States 1
- Spiritual life -- Society of Friends 1
- Spirituality -- Society of Friends 1 ∧ less
- Cronk, Sandra Lee, -1942 1
- Friends General Conference (U.S.) 1
- Loring, Patricia, 1936-2016) 1
- Pendle Hill (School: Wallingford, Pa.) 1
- Webb, Eleanor Brooks, 1921-1997 1