Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview Richard Tapper Cadbury (1853-1929) was a Quaker businessman, teacher, writer, and art connoisseur. His mother's brother, Earl Shinn, Jr., (1838-1886) was a well-known art critic. The collection contains correspondence and memorabilia of the Cadbury, Comfort, Haines, and Shinn families. The letters give a detailed picture of life in Philadelphia Quaker families of the mid 19th century, and of the hardships of those who participated in the California gold rush.
Overview This collection is comprised of two volumes of the financial records of the Comfort family.
Scope and Contents This collection contains a typed genealogy of the Comfort family, compiled by Anne H. Cresson in 1902, largely based on a family tree prepared by John S. Comfort. It also includes some short biographical sketches of the families, as well as typed notes from Cresson's work.
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 2
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Quakers 2
- Quakers -- History 2
- Art criticism -- United States -- History -- 19th century 1
- California -- Gold discoveries 1
- Literature 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers -- Family relationships 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- account books 1
- financial records 1
- genealogies (histories) 1 ∧ less
- Cadbury family 1
- Cadbury, Richard Tapper, 1853-1929 1
- Champney, Benjamin, 1817-1907. 1
- Chase, William Merritt, 1848-1916 1
- Comfort, Howard 1