Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview William Cooper, a New Jersey Quaker and Elder of Woodbury Monthly Meeting, married Sarah Morgan in 1806. They had six children and resided at “Greenfield” in Woodbury. This collection contains family correspondence, wills and marriage certificates, other manuscript and printed materials, memorabilia, and photographs of the ancestors and descendents of William and Sarah Morgan Cooper. Includes historical writings of Howard Mickle Cooper and the genealogical notes compiled by Lucy Smyth Cooper.
Overview The Cooper-Richardson collection contains correspondence and family memorabilia from the Cooper family (William Evans and Sarah Matlack Roberts Cooper). The Cooper family were Quakers of New Jersey, attending meetings in the Woodbury and Byberry areas. The collection includes correspondence and family memorabilia. Of particular interest is the journal of their granddaughter, Anna C. Richardson, written on her trip to California in 1904, and the writings of Sarah Cooper.
- California -- Description and travel 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey -- Woodbury 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Cooper, Anna, 1872-1926 1
- Cooper, Elizabeth M. (Elizabeth Matlack), 1815-1902 1
- Cooper, Henry R. (Henry Roberts), 1856-1928 1
- Cooper, Howard M. (Howard Mickle), 1844-1922 1
- Cooper, Lucy S. (Lucy Smyth), 1853-1924 1