Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Includes Townsend Cooper's receipt book, 1870-74, and miscellaneous receipts, the disownments of Elizabeth and Mary Cooper, a printed invitation to a quilting party, 1831, and other miscellaneous materials. Also includes genealogical notes on the Cooper and Hibberd families.
Overview Benjamin F. Whitson (1867-1957) of Moylan, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, was a Quaker businessman. Whitson was active in Quaker affairs such as Friends World Conference in 1937 and the Fellowship of Reconciliation, and in Quaker concerns such as peace, temperance, and education. He was the son of Thomas H. and Phebe (Cooper) Whitson, and his family and extended family has deep Quaker associations. Both Benjamin Whitson and his father, were recognized as Quaker ministers and made visits to Ohio...
- Media (Pa.) 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers -- Social service 1
- Quilting -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Society of Friends -- Discipline 1 ∧ less
- Cooper, Townsend, 1792-1874 1
- Five Years Meeting (Society of Friends: U.S.) 1
- Friends World Conference (2nd : 1937 : Swarthmore College; Haverford College) 1
- Hibbert family 1
- Hoag, Huldah, 1762-1850 1