Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract Genealogical and Historical manuscripts, clippings and photographs relating to Quaker families in Ireland, particularly in Limerick, Dublin and Waterford. One manuscript on the Malcomson family was co-written by Alexander Malcomson. Includes information on industries in which Quakers were involved as well as Quaker aid during the famine and the Fenian Rebellion. Also contains correspondence with Charles Francis Jenkins in which Bennis requests that his writings be passed on to the Friends...
Abstract This collection includes miscellaneous poetry, primarily written by Quakers, which was collected by Anna Broomell. Among items of interest is a poem by Charles Francis Jenkins to the Female Association of Philadelphia on the occasion of its centennial anniversary. Also included are poems by and related to the Pettit family.
Overview Collection consists of over 450 original letters, documents, and photographs collected by Charles Francis Jenkins (1865-1951) of personalities distinguished in American history, politics, international and cultural affairs, and in the Society of Friends in Britain and the US.
Overview Charles F. Jenkins (1864-1951) was a prominent Quaker who was involved with Green Street Monthly Meeting, the American Friends Service Committee, the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (1919-1934), and Friends Intelligencer. He was also a Manager of Swarthmore College for 40 years and President of the Board from 1933 to 1944. Includes correspondence about "Signers' Walk" at Far Country, 1939-46, and general correspondence, 1897-1947, relating to Swarthmore College, Quaker Meetings, William Penn,...
Overview Charles F. Jenkins (1864-1951) was a prominent Quaker who was involved with Green Street Monthly Meeting, the American Friends Service Committee, the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (1919-1934), and Friends Intelligencer. He was also a Manager of Swarthmore College for 40 years and President of the Board from 1933 to 1944. He is also the author of "Tortola: A Quaker Experiment of Long Ago in the Tropics". This collection contains primarily lantern slides, both...
Dates: 1910 - 1950
- Quakers -- Tortola 2
- Germantown (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Horticulture -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers 1
- Quakers -- Ireland 1
- Quakers -- Ireland -- Limerick 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Poetry 1
- Quakers -- West Indies 1
- Society of Friends -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Reunification 1
- Tortola (British Virgin Islands) 1
- United States Declaration of Independence -- Signers 1
- West Indies -- Description and travel 1
- White Quakers 1
- autographs (manuscripts) 1 ∧ less
- Baylee family 1
- Benn family 1
- Bennis, Ernest H. (Ernest Henry) 1
- Broomell, Anna Pettit 1
- Female Association of Philadelphia for the Relief of Women and Children in Reduced Circumstances 1
- Hayes, John Russell, 1866-1945 1
- Henderson, Archibald, 1877-1963 1
- Hull, William I. (William Isaac), 1868-1939 1
- Jacobs family 1
- Jeanes, Anna T. (Anna Thomas), 1822-1907 1
- Jenkins family (Jenkins, Jabez, 1792-1858) 1
- Library of the Society of Friends (London Yearly Meeting) 1
- Malcomson family 1
- Malcomson, Alexander 1
- Pearson, Paul M. (Paul Martin), 1871-1938 1
- Penn, William, 1644-1718 1
- Petty family 1
- Swarthmore College 1 ∧ less