Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview The collection contains a small number of miscellaneous papers relating to efforts within New York Yearly Meeting to support the manumission of enslaved people, abolition, and education of formerly enslaved people, 1778-1870. Most are copies of reports presented to New York Monthly Meeting or to the Yearly Meeting, compiled as a reference file.
Dates: 1778 - 1870
Abstract Contains five letters from Quaker educator Joseph Talcot, including one to New York Yearly Meeting for Sufferings and four to Samuel Parsons (1744-1841), long-time elder and clerk of New York Yearly Meeting. The letters deal with concerns of the Meeting for Suffering and providing literature to Friends in remote quarterly meetings.
- Quaker educators 1
- Quakers -- Abolitionists 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Quakers -- Slavery -- Anti-slavery movements 1
- Society of Friends -- Antislavery movement 1
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) 1
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) -- History 1 ∧ less
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Meeting for Sufferings 1
- Tallcot, Joseph, 1768-1853 1