Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract The collection contains correspondence received by Samuel Parsons of New York Monthly Meeting. Correspondents include William and Hannah Jackson, ministers of New Garden Monthly Meeting, Pa.; London Friends writing to James Mott, Parsons, and Richard R. Lawrence in response to their report of Friends' activities with native Americans; Samuel Bettle of Philadelphia concerning the Separation, offering advice for New York Yearly Meeting; Daniel Comstock describing the program of study at the...
Abstract Contains correspondence concerning the gift of Dr. John Unthank of Limerick, Ireland, of £1,000, to be divided between two concerns: first, to the Ohio, Indiana and Baltimore Yearly Meetings to be applied by them through their Indian committees toward promoting the so-called civilization and Christian instruction of Native Americans; and, secondly£250 each to Indiana and Ohio Yearly Meetings toward establishing boarding schools for the children of members. Samuel Parsons of New York Yearly...
- Church controversies -- Society of Friends 1
- Church work with Indians 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 1
- Bates, Elisha, 1781-1861 1
- Bettle, Samuel, 1774-1861 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Orthodox : 1828-1955) 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Orthodox : 1828-1955). Meeting for Sufferings 1
- Shipley, Ann 1
- Unthank, John, 1754-1840 1 ∧ less