Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Minutes, 1869-1872, of Friends' Social Union, New York City. Aaron M. Powell was one of the early chairmen, and Maria Mitchell included in the speakers. One of the group's continuing concerns was the plight of the American Indians.
Abstract Contains correspondence concerning the gift of Dr. John Unthank of Limerick, Ireland, of £1,000, to be divided between two concerns: first, to the Ohio, Indiana and Baltimore Yearly Meetings to be applied by them through their Indian committees toward promoting the so-called civilization and Christian instruction of Native Americans; and, secondly£250 each to Indiana and Ohio Yearly Meetings toward establishing boarding schools for the children of members. Samuel Parsons of New York Yearly...
- Church work with Indians 1
- Church work with Indians -- Society of Friends 1
- Corporate minutes 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Society of Friends -- Indian affairs 1
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) -- New York 1 ∧ less
- Bates, Elisha, 1781-1861 1
- Friends' Social Union (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Mitchell, Maria, 1818-1889 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Orthodox : 1828-1955). Meeting for Sufferings 1
- Parsons, Samuel, 1774-1841 1