Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract Correspondence includes letters written by Amos W. Bacon of Philadelphia to his children, to Samuel W. Bacon from his father and brother while he was at Westtown School, and a love letter from Thomas Bacon to his future wife, Elizabeth Hall. Also contains the probate copy of the will of Charles West, Elizabeth Hall's copy book, the journal of Jane Wilson Bacon, and genealogical material on the entire family.
Overview This collection is comprised of a single volume diary, as well as correspondence from various members of the Bacon family.
Overview Included are letters to the Bacons from family and friends; biographical and genealogical materials; travel letters; Margaret Hope Bacon's diaries of her trip to China under the auspices of the American Friends Service Committee, 1972; to Australia, 1989 and Galapagos, 1992; to Costa Rica and Friends World Committee for Consultation, 1988; and Egypt, 1990; Margaret Hope Bacon's letters; Allen Bacon's letters; stories by Norman Borchardt (M.H. Bacon's father); Francis Bacon in Germany.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of one volume of Mark Balderston's notes for the Monthly Meeting of Philadelphia for the Northern District during the year 1878. It includes a list of members at that time, an index, along with minutes (unknown whether the minutes are original or copied).
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of one collection of minutes from the Young American Literary Association. The minutes describe debates on literary themes, including the topic, who presented on what side, the moderator, and the chosen winner. It often includes who the next moderator and topic will be.
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 4
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Quakers 3
- Quakers -- History 3
- correspondence 2
- Debates and debating 1
- Group reading 1
- Literature -- Study and teaching 1
- Quakers -- Maryland -- Baltimore 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Travel 1
- diaries 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- photographs 1 ∧ less
- American Friends Service Committee 1
- Bacon, Amos W., 1843-1906 1
- Bacon, Edward, 1823-1888 1
- Bacon, Elizabeth, 1794-1844 1
- Bacon, Francis R. (Francis Rogers), 1888-1965 1
- Bacon, Jane W. (Jane Wilson), 1811-1886 1
- Bacon, S. Allen 1
- Bacon, Thomas, 1789-1838 1
- Balderston, Mark 1
- Cope, Thomas Pim 1
- Elkinton family 1
- Haines, Henry 1
- Hall family 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends Library 1
- Westtown Boarding School 1
- Whitall, Mary Cope 1
- Wilson family 1 ∧ less