Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview John Greenleaf Whittier was a New England Quaker poet, journalist, and abolitionist. His poetry, inspired by his religious and moral beliefs, was well regarded during his lifetime, and he was respected by both Orthodox and Hicksite Quakers. The collection contains Whittier correspondence, manuscript poetry, books, photographs and miscellaneous material.
Overview Lindley Murray, Quaker author and grammarian, was born in 1745 in Pennsylvania and resided in England for many years while publishing grammar books and religious tracts. The collection is primarily composed of letters written by Lindley Murray and other family members between 1785 and 1822.
Overview Typescripts of various works by Quaker author Daisy Newman (1905-1994) and letters from readers.
Overview The research papers of Olga B. Skeehan, compiled in the 1970s to aid Ann Waln Ody in writing a biographical memoir of her sister, the Quaker writer Nora Waln. Ann Waln Ody died before she could write the memoir, and Olga B. Skeehan donated her research papers to Friends Historical Library in 1989. Collection contains correspondence, notes, and some printed material relating to the lives of Nora Waln and her husband, George Edward Osland-Hill, whom she referred to as "Ted". Includes a...
- Subject: Quakers -- Fiction X
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 3
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 1
- Abolitionists -- United States 1
- American literature -- Quaker authors 1
- Antislavery movements -- United States -- History 1
- Quaker women 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- England 1
- Quakers -- Massachusetts 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) 1
- Quakers -- Poetry 1
- Slavery -- Moral and ethical aspects -- United States 1
- Slavery -- United States -- History -- 19th century 1
- Society of Friends -- Antislavery movement 1
- Society of Friends -- England 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- Public opinion -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- Ackworth School (Ackworth, England) 1
- Buck, Pearl S. (Pearl Sydenstricker), 1892-1973 1
- Cadbury, Henry J. (Henry Joel), 1883-1974 1
- Child, Lydia Maria Francis, 1802-1880 1
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo, 1803-1882 1