Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview Sarah (Sallie) Jones was a Bucks County Hicksite Quaker. She was the daughter of Amos and Margery Jones of Makefield Monthly Meeting and was educated at Ercildoun School in Kennett, PA. In 1859, she married William G. Cox of Goshen Monthly Meeting. This collection contains family correspondence and correspondence between Sarah Jones and her schoolmates at Ercildoun Boarding School. It also includes miscellaneous material such as a sermon by George Truman (1863) and teaching certificates for...
Overview The Truman and Underhill families were prominent Philadelphia-area Quaker families with close ties to Swarthmore College and active in social concerns. Best known is George Truman (1798-1877), Quaker merchant and doctor and a recognized minister who visited Indians in the American West and former Quaker settlements in the West Indies. He was one of the founders of Swarthmore College. This collection contains chiefly the papers of Benjamin Mott Underhill (1863-1930), with some Truman-Underhill...
- Education -- Pennsylvania 1
- Pennsylvania -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Bucks County 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Cox, Sallie (Sarah Jones), 1837-1930 1
- Ercildoun Boarding School (East Fallowfield, Pa.) 1
- Jones family 1
- Truman family 1
- Underhill family 1
- Underhill, Benjamin Mott, 1863-1930 1 ∧ less