Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Eleanor Stabler Clarke (1896-1995), a birthright Quaker, was active in the American Friends Service Committee and other Quaker organizations, and served on the Swarthmore College Board of Managers from 1935-1971. She was the daughter of Charles M. and Ida Palmer Stabler, and in 1918 she married William Anderson Clarke, Sr. Her sister, Cornelia Stabler Gillam (1898-1979) was active in the theater and performed for the U.S.O. in 1945 and 1946. The collection includes a genealogy with stories and...
Overview Charles Palmer (1863-1966) was a Quaker teacher, lawyer, and real estate broker from Chester, Pennsylvania. The collection includes family correspondence, including that of Palmer as a student at Swarthmore College, diaries of Palmer's father, Lewis Palmer (1837-1917), mother, Hannah H. Palmer (1836-1917), and other family members in Chester and Delaware counties, Pa., account books, business and legal papers, essays, poetry, clippings, memorabilia, and other papers. Includes material relating...
Overview The Palmer family was a Hicksite Quaker family who settled in Bucks County, PA, but who were also active in Delaware County, especially as several family members attended Swarthmore College. Dating from the 1880s to the 1890s, this collections consists of cabinet cards and cartes de visite that depict members of the Palmer family as well as family relatives or friends.
Overview The Palmer family was a Quaker family descended from John and Christian Palmer, who settled in Bucks County, Pennsylvania., in 1683. Sarah M. Fell (1824-1911), who compiled the genealogy, was a Hicksite Quaker from Wilmington, Delaware, and a Palmer descendent. The collection contains a family genealogy compiled by Sarah Moore Fell (1822-1911) in 1898, pictures, and an accompanying index compiled in 1966. The collection also contains some Bucks County property records including deeds and legal...
Dates: 1722-1966 [bulk 1898}
- Pennsylvania -- History -- Sources 2
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 2
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania -- Swarthmore 2
- genealogies (histories) 2
- Bucks County (Pa.) -- Genealogy 1
- Bucks County (Pa.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Chester (Pa.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Chester County (Pa.) -- History -- Sources 1
- College students -- Pennsylvania 1
- Genealogists 1
- Pennsylvania -- Genealogy 1
- Poetry 1
- Prohibition -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Bucks County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- West Chester 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers -- Virginia 1
- Temperance -- Pennsylvania 1
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania 1
- deeds 1
- diaries 1 ∧ less
- Bronte, Charlotte, 1816-1855 1
- Comly family 1
- Darlington family 1
- Eleanor Stabler Clarke (1896-1995) 1
- Fell, Sarah M. 1