Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Includes Westtown mensuration book, 1835, with newspaper clippings glued in, 1889-1893 & n.d. Also assorted newspaper clippings concerning the Twining, Atkinson, and Smith families, the Carlisle Indian School, Quakers in Bucks County (Pa.), Bucks County history, the Molloy family, and Friends' schools. Obituaries of note in this folder are Isaiah Quinby, 1716-1807; Eleanor Mabel Malloy, 1883-1908; Miranda Doan Baker, d. 1900; Mary B. Stradling, d. 1899; Abram R. Vail, d. 1899; Marcie A....
Dates: 1804, 1835-ca. 1935
Overview The Byberry School Association was formed in 1837 by several members of the Society of Friends, mostly members of Byberry Monthly Meeting (Hicksite) for the purpose of raising stock to buy land and erect a secondary school in Byberry, Pennsylvania. It includes minutes, financial records, and some miscellaneous papers.
- Byberry (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Education -- Pennsylvania -- Bucks County 1
- Society of Friends -- Charities -- Records and correspondence 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Society of Friends -- Education -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Atkinson family 1
- Atkinson, Stephen, b. 1819 1
- Buckingham Monthly Meeting of Friends 1
- Byberry Preparative Meeting (Society of Friends) 1
- Byberry School Association 1