Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The Bucks Auxiliary Bible Association of Friends, a Quaker Bible distribution society, located in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, was established in 2nd month, 1830, under the Bible Association of Friends in America. Its purpose was to supply “Friends and others with the Holy Scripture, “to encourage “the frequent and serious perusal of them”, and to promote “a more accurate knowledge of their invaluable contents”. All subscriptions collected by the Auxiliary were turned over to the parent body,...
Overview Byberry Library Company was founded in 1794 and incorporated in 1799. Located in the Byberry section of Philadelphia, Pa., the Library was generally under Quaker management. The collection includes the minutes of the director's meetings; constitution and by-laws, financial and property records, and miscellaneous papers.
Overview The Byberry School Association was formed in 1837 by several members of the Society of Friends, mostly members of Byberry Monthly Meeting (Hicksite) for the purpose of raising stock to buy land and erect a secondary school in Byberry, Pennsylvania. It includes minutes, financial records, and some miscellaneous papers.
- Bible -- Publication and distribution -- Pennsylvania -- Bucks County 1
- Bible -- Publication and distribution -- Societies, etc. 1
- Byberry (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Charities -- Pennsylvania 1
- Education -- Pennsylvania -- Bucks County 1
- Libraries -- Pennsylvania -- Bucks County 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Societies, etc. 1
- Society of Friends -- Charities -- Pennsylvania -- Bucks County 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Society of Friends -- Education -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Bucks County 1 ∧ less
- Bucks Auxiliary Bible Association of Friends (Bucks County, Pa.) 1
- Byberry Library Company 1
- Byberry Preparative Meeting (Society of Friends) 1
- Byberry School Association 1
- Moon family 1