Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview The Byberry Friends Association was a Quaker group which met monthly in Byberry, Pa, to hear papers on a variety of topics and to discuss issues of the day. This collection contains the records of the Friends Association of Byberry, 1900-1932.
Abstract The collection contains correspondence received by Anna W. Stout who attended the Preparative Department at Swarthmore College from 1884 to 1886 and then moved to Grand Meadow, Minn. Five letters are from Albert M. Johnson; four from Arabella Carter; and a single letter (1886) is from Alice Bowman Comly at Swarthmore which mentions improvements at the College made on the observatory and a new track and grandstand. The bulk of the letters (18) are from her cousin Frank W. Hibbs, a student at the...
Dates: 1864-1891 (-1886-1891)
- Byberry (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Literature -- Societies, etc. 1
- Quakers -- Correspondence 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Quakers -- Societies, etc. 1
- Society of Friends -- History -- Societies, etc. 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1 ∧ less
- Atkinson, Caroline J., 1881-1953 1
- Byberry Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 1
- Friends Association of Byberry 1
- Swarthmore College Preparative School 1