Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview This collection is comprised of the single, handwritten volume of the epistles and sermons of George Fox, ca. 1683. The inside cover of a later binding attributes the volume to Thomas Richardson, dated 1714. However, it has been speculated that the volume may have been written originally by one of George Fox’s secretaries.
Overview Collected sermons received from miscellaneous sources.
Dates: 1737 - 1870
Overview The commonplace book of Abraham Pennell contains excerpts from Elias Hicks’s letters and sermons, from George Fox’s sermons and writings, and from the bible.
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 2
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Quakers 2
- Quakers -- History 2
- Sermons 2
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Society of Friends -- Sermons 1
- Cadwallader, Priscilla, 1786-1859 1
- Chalkley, Thomas, 1675-1741 1
- Cornell, John J., 1826-1909 1
- Hicks, Elias, 1748-1830 1
- Janney, Samuel M. (Samuel Mcpherson), 1801-1880 1