Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Overview Isaac Hicks (1767-1820) was a New York Quaker merchant. He established a large fleet of international trading vessels and financially helped to support his cousin, Edward Hicks (1780-1849), the Pennsylvania Quaker folk artist. Isaac Hicks traveled extensively with his cousin, Elias Hicks (1748-1830), the New York Quaker minister. The collection contains primarily the correspondence of Isaac Hicks, including letters from Isaac Hicks to his wife describing religious journeys taken with Elias...
Dates: 1798-ca. 1956 (bulk 1798-1818)
Abstract The collection contains papers of the George Hull family of Gasport, New York. It includes sermons by George Hull dated 1913, miscellaneous Gasport Friends Church notices, 1910-1930; acknowledgements for donations to Friends Relief Mission, 1920-1921; family prohibition concert poster and other temperance ephemera; postcards of Quaker meeting houses; and miscellaneous material.
Overview Ann P. Jackson (1792-1874) was a Quaker minister of Darby and Birmingham Monthly Meetings in Pennsylvania. She was originally from Darby, Pa. and had two children, Mary and Stephen. Her children married another set of siblings, Philip and Ann Sharples Chester County. In 1831, Ann P. Paschall (later Ann P. Jackson) was recorded as a minister of Darby Monthly Meeting (Hicksite). In 1849, she moved to Birmingham Monthly Meeting where her children were members. The collection contains manuscript...
Dates: 1776-1856 [bulk 1813-1856]
Overview Levinus King Painter (1889-1983) was a Quaker minister, author, and social activist. Born in Spiceland, Indiana, in 1889, he attended Spiceland Academy, Earlham College, and Hartford Theological Seminary. His pastoral service began in Collins, New York, in 1914, and he later served at Poplar Ridge (N.Y.), Monkton and South Starksboro (Vt.), Clintondale (N.Y.), Putney (Vt.), and back to Collins from 1942-56. He also worked as Interim Secretary of Friends Africa Mission from 1956-1957. Papers...
Overview Family and Quaker papers collected by Anna S. Palmer (1881-1973), a member of Falls Monthly Meeting. Included is a manuscript volume containing copies of letters, genealogical information, and memorials concerning John Simpson (1739-1811), Quaker minister; collected postcards of Quaker meeting houses; and other miscellaneous Quaker manuscripts.
Dates: circa 1840-1910
Overview The collection contains personal papers, primarily correspondence, of members of the Richardson and Yarnall families, Pennsylvania Quakers who emigrated to America in the 1680s. The families were united by the marriage in 1816 of Nathaniel Richardson and Hannah Yarnall of Byberry. Of special significance are the diaries of Quaker ministers Peter Yarnall (1754-1798) and his second wife, Hannah Haines Thornton Yarnall (1765-1822) and their correspondence with family and fellow ministers. The...
Dates: 1722 - 1962
Overview This collection contains correspondence, memorabilia, and photographs of a New York City Quaker family. It includes some writings by Phebe Anna Thorne (1828-1909), a Quaker minister, and travel correspondence from various family members.
Abstract The collections contains correspondence between Daniel P. Whitley with Friends in New York Meeting concerning issues of faith. Primary correspondent is Joseph A. Vlaskamp, General Secretary of the Yearly Meeting.
- Blunston family 1
- Bradley, A. Day (Amos Day), -1905 1
- Comly, John, 1773-1850 1
- Fisher, Miers, 1748-1819 1
- Fisher, Samuel Rowland, 1745-1834 1
- Gibbons, J. S. (James Sloan), 1810-1892 1
- Hartland Monthly Meeting of Friends (1955- : Gasport, N.Y.) 1
- Hazard, Elizabeth L. 1
- Hicks family 1
- Hicks, Edward, 1780-1849 1
- Hicks, Elias, 1748-1830 1
- Hicks, Isaac, 1767-1820 1
- Hopper, Isaac T. (Isaac Tatem), 1771-1852 1
- Hull, George, 1853-1922 1
- Jackson, Ann P., 1792-1874 1
- Marriott, Charles 1
- Monkton Monthly Meeting of Friends (ca. 1925-1996 : Monkton, Vt.) 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 1
- Painter, Levinus King 1
- Palmer, Anna 1
- Pearson family 1
- Richardson family 1
- Richardson, Elizabeth C., 1863-1947 1
- Richardson, Elliott, 1842-1887 1
- Richardson, Elliott, 1881-1964 1
- Richardson, Frances, 1886-1973 (FHL donor) 1
- Richardson, Hannah Yarnall, 1797-1876 1
- Richardson, Mordecai, 1784-1808 1
- Richardson, Nathaniel, 1793-1872 1
- Richardson, Nathaniel, 1839-1920 1
- Rotch, Thomas, 1767-1823. 1
- Rotch, William, 1734-1828 1
- Rushmore, Stephen 1
- Sharples, Nathan H., 1779-1838 1
- Simpson, John, 1739-1811 1
- Thorne family 1
- Thorne, Phebe Anna, 1828-1909 1
- Townsend, Nicholas W., 1790-1818 1
- Vlaskamp, Joseph A., 1929-2001 1
- Whitley, Daniel P., 1945- 1
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union 1
- Yarnall, Hannah, 1765-1822 1
- Yarnall, Mordecai, 1705-1772 1
- Yarnall, Peter, 1754-1798 1
- Yarnall, Rebecca, 1786-1859 1
- Yarnell family 1 ∧ less