Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Includes outline and course materials for five lectures given at Pendle Hill in the winter of 1975, notes on "Ethics and Theology in the Hicksite Separation" and the manuscript of a lecture on "Quakers and the Trinity" given at Swarthmore College in the spring of 1975.
Overview Carol R. Murphy (1916-1994) was a Quaker writer. She was the daughter of Mildred Knight Murphy (1889-1974) and Charles R. Murphy (1884-1936) who were convinced Friends. Carol R. Murphy was a member of Swarthmore Monthly Meeting and active at Pendle Hill Quaker Study Center, Wallingford, Pennsylvania. The papers of Carol R. Murphy, late twentieth century Quaker writer, are organized into two series. Series 1 contains autobiographical material and memorabilia, literary manuscripts, published...
- American poetry 1
- Quaker authors 1
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Delaware County 1
- Spiritual life -- Society of Friends 1
- Barbour, Hugh 1
- Fry, Elizabeth Gurney, 1780-1845 1
- Gurney, Joseph John, 1788-1847 1
- Hicks, Elias, 1748-1830 1
- Mott, Lucretia, 1793-1880 1