Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Friends Conflict Resolution Programs of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, part of the Friends Suburban Project from 1977 to 1983, began as an attempt to utilize Quaker insights to address and solve disputes in local communities. Initially named the Friends Mediation Service, the Friends Conflict Resolution Programs acquired its current title in 1991. Its mediators work with both Quaker and non-Quaker organizations and communities and have published two manuals, The...
Overview The Weekend Workcamps Program originated on the eve of World War II. It provides volunteers and opportunity to work in an inner city community, interact with neighbors, and dialog on peace and justice issues. Today the Friends' Workcamp Program operates under the auspices of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting's Standing Committee on Peace and Concerns. Records include minutes, reports, project files, correspondence, and other records from 1942 to the present.
Scope and Contents The records of PYM's Library Services Group at Haverford include the body's extensive collection of Minutes, as well as the records of its Bookmobile Program, its International Book Project, its Soviet Project, and those of the related Book Service Committee and Lending Sub-committee. At the time of this recording, some materials remain outside of the two boxes in Lockwood Annex, bound among 9 folders. Their locations below will read "1250/Lockwood/Library Services Group/Un-Boxed...
Overview In response to the 1964 bombing of 44 black churches in Mississippi, Philadelphia and New York Yearly Meetings coordinated a joint effort to rebuild the destroyed churches and to attempt to foster racial reconciliation in the area. The project sent Lawrence and Viola Scott to Jackson, Mississippi as Quaker representatives. By 1966, the group had rebuilt 33 of the 44 churches, and built a community center in rural Canton, Mississippi. This collection is primarily composed of financial records,...
- African American churches -- Mississippi -- History 1
- Civil rights -- Mississippi -- History 1
- Civil rights -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Conflict management 1
- Housing -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Housing rehabilitation -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Inner cities -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Mediation 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Social conditions 1
- Quakers -- Mississippi 1
- Race relations -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Social conflict 1 ∧ less
- Flanagan, Ross, 1934- 1
- Friends Committee for Reconciliation and Church Reconstruction 1
- Friends Conflict Resolution Programs 1
- Friends Housing, Inc. 1
- Friends Mediation Service 1
- Friends Suburban Project 1
- Mantua-Belmont Joint Committee 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955) 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Friends' Workcamp Program 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Library Committee 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Library Services Group 1
- Scott, Lawrence, 1908-1986 1
- Scott, Viola 1 ∧ less