Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents Includes Minutes and statistics of Baltimore Yearly Meeting and all of its subsidiaries in Maryland and Virginia. Also, material concerning Friends in Barbados and Europe, conscientious objectors the Separation of 1827-1828, slavery, reconstruction in the Southern states after the Civil War, Indians, Quaker education, memorials extracts from the Journal of Thomas Story, the letterbook of Robert Pleasants, and records of the Lynch family.
Overview The Friends Council on Education is a force in Quaker education, serving Friends' schools in an advisory, consultative, and nurturing capacity, developing mutual understanding and support among its institutions. The records include minutes and reports, 1930-1974; financial records, 1962-1983; executive committee records, 1936-1970; conference papers, 1940-1972; surveys and reports, 1930-1978; and publications, 1931-1966. Additionally included are the records of a number of subcommittees and...
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) 1
- Society of Friends -- Delaware 1
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania 1
- Society of Friends -- Virginia 1
- Baltimore Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 1
- Friends Council on Education (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Pleasants, Robert, 1723-1801 1
- Story, Thomas, 1662-1742 1