Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Overview Samuel Shinn Ash and his wife, Sarah Jane Schofield Ash, were prominent Quakers, active in a variety of philanthropic activities, including anti-slavery, peace, temperance, women's rights, and education. Samuel Shinn Ash was apprenticed as an engineer and machinist and worked in manufacturing. This collection consists of family papers, manuscript letters and memorabilia, largely of a domestic nature. Includes some descriptions of Meetings and religious journeys, of the early struggles of Samuel...
Dates: 1796 - 1933; Majority of material found within 1833 - 1912
Overview Collection contained the records of the Advocacy Training Group Project at Swarthmore College that trained students as peer faciliators in mediation and conflict resolution. It also includes materials related to various types of student advocacy in the late 1980s through the early 1990s.
Dates: 1989 - 1995
Overview The Delphic Literary Society was a Swarthmore College men's literary society established in 1874. In 1913, the group merged with the Eunomian Society to became the Athenaeum. Records include the Delphic Literary Society's constitution, histories of the group, minutes, library and financial records, censor's accounts, miscellaneous papers and scattered issues from 1890 to 1902 of the Delphic Chronicle and Delphic Oracle.
Overview Contains records of Delta Upsilon fraternity (Swarthmore College Chapter). Includes published and a small amount of manuscript materials, 1894-1991.
Overview The Eunomian Literary Society was a men's debating and speaking club founded at Swarthmore College, Pa., in 1871. In 1913, the group merged with the Delphic Literary Society, forming the Athenaeum. Records include minutes from 1871 to May 1913. Also includes printed copies of the constitution and by-laws and correspondence from 1872 to 1900.
Overview This collection consists of primarily published materials, 1891-1933, relating to Kappa Alpha Theta, Alpha Beta Chapter, the first sorority to maintain a chapter at Swarthmore College. The Chapter was established in 1891 and laid down in 1933 when the College abolished sororities. Included are national publications of the fraternity, directories of Swarthmore chapter alumnae; an initiation certificate; and a photograph album.
Overview The Little Theater Club was established at Swarthmore College about 1922 to create a stable foundation for theatrical projects and coordinate productions on campus. No course credit was given for participation. After Swarthmore created a Drama Department in 1968/69, the Little Theater Club became inactive. The collection contains the records of the Little Theater Club of Swarthmore College, 1924-1969, including programs, scripts, clippings, financial records, and related materials. Also...
Dates: 1924-1970; 1946-1969 (bulk)
Overview The collection contains the records of the Swarthmore College Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa from its founding in 1893 until 1942, with gaps in some series.
Overview Contains the records of Phi Kappa Psi, Phi Omicron Psi, and Phi Psi from 1889 to 1967, with gaps in some series. Now a local fraternity at Swarthmore College, Phi Psi began as Pennsylvania Kappa, a chapter of Phi Kappa Psi fraternity. Pennsylvania Kappa was established in 1889 and was a chapter of Phi Kappa Psi until 1963.
Overview This collection consists of two song books used by Pi Beta Phi, Pennsylvania Alpha Chapter. Pi Beta Phi was the second sorority to maintain a chapter at Swarthmore College (est. 1892) and the largest sorority on campus in 1932, just before the college abolished sororities in 1933.
Dates: 1923 and 1929
- Subject: Student Activities X
- Swarthmore College 10
- Ash, Samuel S. (Samuel Shinn), 1829-1911 1
- Ash, Sarah J. (Sarah Jane), 1835-1912 1
- Child, Mary H. (Mary Hough), 1803-1874 1
- Delphic Literary Society 1
- Delta Upsilon Fraternity (Swarthmore College) 1
- Equal Opportunities Officer 1
- Eunomian Literary Society 1
- Godfrey, Barbara Pearson Lange, 1910-2003 1
- Jenkins, Mary Ash, 1875-1948 1
- Kappa Alpha Theta 1
- Phi Beta Kappa. Epsilon of Pennsylvania (Swarthmore College) 1
- Phi Kappa Psi. Pennsylvania Kappa (Swarthmore College) 1
- Phi Omicron Psi (Swarthmore College) 1
- Phi Psi (Swarthmore College) 1
- Pi Beta Phi 1
- Schofield Normal and Industrial School (Aiken, S.C.) 1
- Schofield, Lydia A. (Lydia Ann), 1835-1909 1
- Schofield, Martha 1
- Schofield, Oliver W. (Oliver Wilson), 1806-1852 1
- Swarthmore College. Advocacy Training Group Project 1
- Swarthmore College. Little Theater Club 1
- Swarthmore College. Student Budget Committee 1
- Swarthmore College. Student Council 1
- Wexler, Lydia Valentine (FHL donor) 1 ∧ less