Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Overview The collection contains the papers of the Battin family, Quakers from Albany, New York, Omaha, Nebraska, and Swarthmore, Pennsylvania Includes Letter books (8 v.) of Isaac Battin (ca. 1835-1912), containing chiefly family and personal letters, but also business correspondence relating to his employment by a gas company in Omaha; together with correspondence of other family members.
Content Description Helen Carroll's files related to her peace and social concerns, including some material on Swarthmore borough (inc Swarthmore U. N Committee), the PYM U. N.committee, and other Quaker-related papers.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1955-1992
Overview Friendly Open House was a senior citizens group founded in 1949 in Swarthmore, Pa., under the name "Older Persons Open House." In 1951, the name was changed to Friendly Open House. The group met in the Swarthmore Presbyterian Church with financial support from other local churches and organizations. The purpose was to provide stimulating programs and offer various activities and projects. The final meeting was in May 1996. An women's all-volunteer Sponsor Committee organized the program.
Overview Records of Girl Scout Troop #16, the first Girl Scout troop in Swarthmore, Pa., founded 1922.
Overview Contains the script, slides, VHS tape, and DVD generated from Dave Narbeth's 1975 presentation on the history of Swarthmore Borough, Pa.
Overview Mary Sullivan Patterson (1906-1987) was a Quaker historian and genealogist from Swarthmore, Pennsylvania. The collection contains family papers and correspondence; genealogical notes on the Thomson, Sullivan, and other related families; writings on various topics, especially Delaware County history and the Caleb Pusey House; diaries, notes, correspondence, and a manuscript concerning Patterson's 1957 research trip to England to study Quaker emigration to America. Also a diary and letters from...
Overview Journals, correspondence, and miscellaneous papers of the Russell, Pownall and Walton families of Pennsylvania. Of particular interest is material relating to the Swarthmore Chatauqua and to Swarthmore College.
Overview The collection of Swarthmore College lantern slides contains historic images of the College and Borough of Swarthmore and photographs of College events and activities. The core of the collection was the selection presented by Professor George A. Hoadley at the Alumni Banquet on June 9, 1917. An avid amateur photographer, he served as the president of the Swarthmore College Camera Club which sponsored an annual lantern slide exhibition. The lantern slides were created from a number of sources...
Dates: 1897 - 1931
Abstract This collection of correspondence and reminiscences concerns the early history of Swarthmore College including its founding, formative years, and student life.
- Subject: Swarthmore (Pa.) -- History X
- Swarthmore College 3
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America. Troop #16 (Swarthmore, Pa.) 2
- Battin, Isaac, approximately 1835-1912 1
- Carroll, Helen M. (Carroll, Helen Mansfield), 1912-1997 1
- Friendly Open House (Swarthmore, Pa.) 1
- Hoadley, George A. (George Arthur), 1848-1936 1
- Narbeth, J. David, 1904-1983 1
- Patterson, Mary Sullivan, 1906-1987 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Committee on the United Nations 1
- Pownall family 1
- Pownall, Bertha, 1871-1956 1
- Pusey, Caleb, 1650-1727 1
- Russell, Charles, 1901-1955 1
- Russell, Ruth E., 1900-1983 1
- Stubbs family 1
- Sullivan family 1
- Swarthmore Country Week Picnic Association 1
- Swarthmore Tree Committee 1
- Thomson family 1
- Thomson, Sarah 1
- Vail, James L. (James Lindley) 1
- Walton family 1
- Walton, Gertrude A. (Anna), 1867-1943 1
- Wister, John C. (John Caspar), 1887-1982 1
- Woman's Club of Swarthmore 1
- Woman's Club of Swarthmore (Swarthmore, Pa.) 1
- Zimmer, Irma E. (Irma Elizabeth), 1916-2005 1 ∧ less