Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Overview Edwin D. Mead (1849-1937), and Lucia Ames Mead (1856-1936), were both leading pacifists, writers, and social reformers of the U.S. and international peace movement. Edwin Mead directed the work of the World Peace Foundation and participated in many international peace congresses. He was an American delegate to the International Peace Bureau. Mead helped found the School Peace League and was a prominent member of the American Peace League. Lucia Ames Mead was a leading member of many feminist...
Found in: Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- Subject: Women and peace -- History -- Sources X
- Names: Hull, Hannah Clothier, 1872-1958 X
- Names: Women's International League for Peace and Freedom. Geneva, Switzerland (International Office) X
- Names: National Council of Women of the United States X
- Names: National Council for Prevention of War (U.S.) X